Zucchini Patties

growalot

They are awesome! Easy to make and freeze..i made 6 dozen today and froze 5. We eat. Them all winter..made with yellow and zucchini. 

12 cups of well squeezed shredded summer squash(sqeezed dry)

5 eggs

1 cup parmesan

3  cups mixed Italian cheeses

2 cups seasoned bread crumbs

1 1/2 cups flour

1 large diced valdalia onion

1jar of diced roasted redpepper ,well drained 

6 cloves of diced garlic

I use a nonstick griddle  with olive oil spray..I make meat ball sized balls and the griddle fits 10  of these. The key is to leave enough space to flatten them. Brown flip and flatten...You want them thin and then drain on parchment or paper towel. If freezing..freeze in single layers on a cookie sheet then immediately vac seal.

We do the same, except we leave out the onions and roasted peppers.  And we start out trying them as patties, not as balls to flatten later. ( But that probably does not matter much)

I also like to slice them about 3/8" thicker and dip them in egg wash, then flour with salt and pepper, then lightly fried.  A sprinkle of cheese on top is nice too.   They actually taste better at room temp or cooled, so it is easy to make well in advance and just be ready to serve anytime.  And as a sandwich, they are even better!  

I also don't like using any zucchini over 8 or 10", anything larger is compost in my opinion.  The plants are so prolific, there is no need to use anything not at its peak for taste.