What arrows do you use?

nybuckboy

Easton 2117 Autumn Orange aluminum bought a few decades ago, and still killing deer. They have been a pretty good buy. I believe I paid something like 20 some dollars for a dozen shafts and a few bucks for vanes, nocks and broadheads. They still fly great and kill deer about as dead as any other arrow.

6 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Easton FMJ and Axis.  I also have some gamegetters tuned but never use them for whatever reason. 

I also have a huge supply of aluminum 2117 Gamegetters also that I use as back-up. They also fly excellent and I have taken a pile of deer using them as well. The only accuracy problems that I have ever experienced with aluminum arrows, is when I fouled up the spine choices. I know arrows make a convenient excuse for misses, but the fact is that properly matched and tuned arrows shot from properly tuned equipment will seldom be a real excuse for misses.

By the way, they shoot super well out of my Damon Howatt Super Diablo recurve too.

My "go-to" hunting bow is a 1999 Mathews MQ-32. That old critter has shot a lot of aluminum arrows into a pile of deer. I now operate under the rule of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and as you can see that rule has been in effect for a lot of years in my archery equipment once I got past the experimental stages of my archery.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Doc said:

I also have a huge supply of aluminum 2117 Gamegetters also that I use as back-up. They also fly excellent and I have taken a pile of deer using them as well. The only accuracy problems that I have ever experienced with aluminum arrows, is when I fouled up the spine choices. I know arrows make a convenient excuse for misses, but the fact is that properly matched and tuned arrows shot from properly tuned equipment will seldom be a real excuse for misses.

By the way, they shoot super well out of my Damon Howatt Super Diablo recurve too.

My "go-to" hunting bow is a 1999 Mathews MQ-32. That old critter has shot a lot of aluminum arrows into a pile of deer. I now operate under the rule of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and as you can see that rule has been in effect for a lot of years in my archery equipment once I got past the experimental stages of my archery.

an older gentleman that i consider a friend of mine has an older bow.  i think it's also a Mathews.  he's updated some accessories since and has obviously upgraded strings.  he shares the same mind set and it works.  he's taken over 50 deer with the same bow and aluminum arrows i believe.

i've got a bunch of different ones im using and have tried.  Right now i've got Goldtip Traditional Hunter 400 for trad bow hunting.  then my 3D rig and back up bow is setup for Carbon Express Maxima BluRZ 250 (0.400" spine) shafts with full helical blazer veins.  then my primary hunting bow (PSE Evo) i'm shooting Bloodsport Hunter 300 shafts with factory blazers.  i have other arrows around too from other setups i've gotten rid of, like some Hexx arrows.