What arrows do you use?

nybuckboy

2 hours ago, covert said:

Easton 2018s.

I have a bundle of 2018 Gamegetters that I have used on some of my wall full of old bows including some of my old recurves.

arrows2.JPG

I am sure that I will never buy another arrow again.

Edited by Doc
  • Like 1

Yup, when you have been at this archery thing as long as I have and spent a lot of those years keeping up with the Joneses as far as archery purchases, you wind up with a pile of bows and a brand new dozen arrows that fly well out of each. Not to mention changes because of poundage changes, and other tinkering. The clear anodized ones are for my different tournament bows, and I bought out a dealers entire stock when he went out of business.

On 8/15/2017 at 8:43 AM, Belo said:

surprised nobody is shooting the CE red's. That was going to be my next arrow. Maybe i'm marketing brainwashed. 

I currently shoot Maxima Reds, and I really like them.  I am tempted to try out the new micro diameter reds they just came out with though.

I have tried a lot of different arrows and not had many complaints, but my favorites were probably some Bloodsport arrows that I shot for several years.  Those micro shafts flew great, were the toughest ive ever owned, and penetration was incredible.  Then Muddy sold the company and their techs couldn't even answer questions about their own products or mail me the right   lighted nocks for my arrows in three tries.  Specs on the new Maxima Red SDs are very close...so maybe I will try them.  

On 8/15/2017 at 10:46 AM, dbHunterNY said:

there used to be an old belief that when the arrow was in a deer the larger diameter kept the wound open more and was more surface area for blood to draw out which led to a better blood trail.  idk.  i just take my mechanicals, high KE bow, and send one in one side and out the other.  times have changed i guess.

I use to have a Proline point blank and shot 2514's out of it. Those were telephone poles

• Like 1

I use to have a Proline point blank and shot 2514's out of it. Those were telephone poles
Funny when I started not that long ago, distances were assumed to be around 20 yards. A nice rugged and straight arrow was the arrow to use. chronographs weren't ever mentioned. Now if my bow can't drop them in from as far as I can out of my sight im heart broken and think something's wrong. Not quite sure when I lost my mind but it happened. Haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TurtleFace said:

I've been using those for target myself. I'm debating on getting a new box, or to make a switch to something else on the shelf at dicks.

I by 3 boxes at a time then use a 10 off 50 coupon.  18 arrows for $50 leaves me lots of money to spend on other gear.

On 9/17/2017 at 6:14 AM, eagle rider said:

Easton Nemesis .  They don't make them anymore, so I stocked up when they closed them out.  Heavier arrow, penetrate well and hold up!  30" at 30 yards into a 400 FPS Hurricane bag.  

IMG_6107.JPG

Cabelas has them for 69.99, but just had a sale for 34.99 the was like 2 weeks long. fetched 6 packs. ive used them with success before.

• Like 1

Haven't bow hunted since I moved to the North Country. Damned muzzlelaoader and gun seasons open so early they screw up for bow hunting.

When did bow hunt I used;

11/32" Port Orford cedar shafts 60-65# spine 420-430gr raw shaft weight heat tempered an straightened before sealing

Walnut stain, Saturn yellow dip, black, white & gold crest, Saturn yellow nocks

5 1/2" shield custom burned 3-fletch

126gr glue on Bear Razorheads, file sharpened with bleeder inserts.

545gr arrow mass

kY0tOx1.jpg

HAXBh05.jpg

dWtH9TY.jpg

I still have these and I would bet that they are as straight now as they were when I made them. These arrows will cut through a mature buck's rib cage like a hot knife through butter.

• Like 1

Carbon express maxima blu rz 350s. Blazer fletching. And carbon express launchpad lighted nocks. Expensive arrows for sure but they fly good and I picked up a lot of speed and k/e with them. I don't tend to lose many arrows so the price doesn't bother me much and that's about the only downfall of them I've found so far