It's that time again...

growalot

I can almost set a clock by it...it's fall and the hornets and wasp are particularly nasty again...I've been pretty cautious about the ground bees...but just got nailed in the eye by a hornet...that then chased me a 1/4 mile with me trying to protect my face and wildly swinging that floppy hat of mine as I ran. He hit me like a ball-peen hammer on the outer edge of my eye socket bone...missing the eye bALL BY LESS THEN A HALF INCH...SWELLING UP GOOD. dang caps...gee even my gums hurt...So watch out while picking berries or trimming trails and lanes...Mr B.'s black berries will feed the turkey  scattered around out there...lol...

PS... not feeling the soreness in bridge of my nose anymore...always an up side:wink:

between the discoloration on the side of my nose and the eye I look like I've gone a few rounds...lol

20170814_132224.jpg

Edited by growalot

Well I'll tell ya...it is now to where I can just make out my eye lashes and the eye won't open... so figured I would prepare more summer squash patties...My depth perception is a bit off right now... I'm over by the stove...making a right mess with shredded squash and do not realize I have leaned into and turned on the back burner gas,knobs are on the front and the processor masked the clicking noise. Apparently this has some how effected my sense of smell... I have a bowl on the stove grate with the shredded squash in it when... whumphhhhhh... a blue orange flame  rolls under the entire grate at me...I stepped back just in time...lol....

I decided to just watch a movie and be done with it for the day...I did get the mowing done before this happened so not a complete loss...wanted to go pick up seed and fertilizer...but driving at the moments not an option......

Edited by growalot

God I hope not we just bought hives for next year...LOL

I think it's just the proximity and I have to say the bone around my eye is very sore to the touch...I honestly think he whumped me pretty good. I wonder how fast they are flying when they strike...I know I was moving pretty good when he was chasing me...bad knees and all. I wish I could take daily adrenaline shots, what a drug!...lol

What happens if a person gets stung right in the eye? Has anyone ever heard of that happening? I would guess that it might have some permanent devastating effects on a person's vision.

I don't know doc..it's as close as I ever want to find out!...Good question though

So anyone ever hear of this.. I got stung Tuesday and here it is Friday and every morning I have woken up with my eye swollen. Bad enough this a.m. that I got the " poor old gal,nasty hornet!" from MrB. Now before you say it,if I went to the Dr.'s for every incident,they'd charge me waiting room rent. Really nothing he can do now anyways, but has anyone ever have a face sting act like this?

49 minutes ago, growalot said:

So anyone ever hear of this.. I got stung Tuesday and here it is Friday and every morning I have woken up with my eye swollen. Bad enough this a.m. that I got the " poor old gal,nasty hornet!" from MrB. Now before you say it,if I went to the Dr.'s for every incident,they'd charge me waiting room rent. Really nothing he can do now anyways, but has anyone ever have a face sting act like this?

No. And I have to say that I have not heard of anyone having that long-lasting of a reaction. But then, they may call me Doc, but I really am not a member of the medical profession .... lol.

I guess the question really is, "is it getting any better from one day to the next. That is what I generally base my decision on when I am trying to decide whether a doctor's visit is required.

LOL it typed in a subject of it's own just the other day!

Yes it is getting better...just the swelling is still there a little under the eye...no where near sting during the day .In the mornings though..like today it was swollen shit again..sight is fine..and head ache is gone.

LOL look how fast he jumped on that eddy...no wonder I feel like I'm being stalked...:rolleyes:

I got stung in the ankle by something last year and ended up going to the MASH care place . It got infected really quick ,I even went inside and soaked it in hot water with some bleach to clean it out and it still developed the red line . Took some antibiotics and it went away.

Jeremy I might have to consider that...stepped out of the shower and looked in the mirror ,it's red and puffy under my eye but noticed a pink rash over my brow around the outside corner where he got me. That wasn't there yesterday...I did clean the area after it hapoened with rubbing alcohol..

Belo...trees are changing here,golden rod is in blossom along with several other fall flowers such as asters...how nice for you it's 90 we've been lucky to hit low 80' on hot days...go find your self a life and stop stalking my posts...troll