Like what I see!!!!

WNY Bowhunter

Stopped at one of the properties that I hunt this morning to check a couple of cams. Was hoping to have gotten pics of an elusive droptined buck that I swear I saw a couple of weeks back. Last weekend I had placed my new Browning Dark Ops cam at the upper end of the alfalfa field where the deer tend to come out. There were no good field edge trees to hang the cam on so I cleared a little path to the field hoping the deer would cross through it...

Was pretty pumped to see these two guys!!!

IMG_0013.JPGIMG_0020.JPGIMG_0021.JPGIMG_0023.JPGIMG_0027.JPGIMG_0031.JPG

Then these two...I spy a droptine!!!

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

• Like 17

Checked the other cam on the opposite end of the field. I didn't have any more pics of the big 6 that I now call "Muley" and no pics of the wide, short tined 10 that I've been trying to get. But I did have a couple pics of a great up and comer that I had pics of earlier in the summer. He really grew nicely and appears to have suffered some recent velvet injuries...

IMG_111 (1).JPG

Crazy how his brows looks just like the bucks in my first post. Hope to see him next year!!!

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0810.JPG

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I always feel so bad for you.  Never a target buck to be found.  That is one impressive drop tine for a 3yr.

I'm not hunting this year, only scouting for my wife...lol. Seriously, getting pics and putting an arrow through a good bucks are two way different things!!!

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I'm not hunting this year, only scouting for my wife...lol. Seriously, getting pics and putting an arrow through a good bucks are two way different things!!!

Agreed, but you do realize we all have high expectations of you.  Don't let us down.

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, grampy said:

Where is this "spot", Iowa?..................................smile.

I wish...

20 minutes ago, KeukaHunter said:

That's not the original drop-tine that we both had on camera, right? Do drop-tines switch sides from one season to another?

No, I found out that that particular buck was shot by a hunter from Bully HIll (near Heron hill end) towards the end of season in 2015. That sucks, I had pics of him on Nov 30th. The other dropper that I had in 2015 at the same spot was killed on opening day of gun last year.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

5 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Call me crazy but I'm digging those browtines more than the drop! I run cameras all over the place for the chance I get ONE buck like any of those on public land that I hunt. You're a lucky guy!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

This year I am focusing on three properties. All are private, but none are close to being "managed" for deer.  None of the three get too much bow hunting pressure but gun season is a different story. It's still real world NY hunting.