Millennium stands

Adkhunter1590

Anyone use the millennium M100u hang on? Been eyeballing these stands for a couple years now waiting for a good reason to spend that kind of money on a hang on. Since I'll be headed to Nebraska for 2 weeks the end of October I'm looking for a new stand to bring with me. We are hunting public land and it's a long walk in I guess so I need something light weight but also very comfy as I plan on doing a bunch of all day sits. Just wondering if anyone has one of the M100u stands and how they like it, pros cons and all that.

Great stand - probably most comfy all day hang on ever made. The seat is tough to get out of for some people however. I'd definitely sit in one first before buying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of the reviews I've read it seems like the hard to get out of the seat is the only negative. I'm not sure it will be a problem for me though. I'm in decent shape and just under 6ft tall so I wouldn't think I'd struggle to much. I just really want something comfy enough to sit in all day long. I have a pretty bad back from my motocross days so I start getting a lot of lower back pain after 4-5 hours of sitting on a regular flat top seat most hang on stands use. I've tried thicker seat pads but they don't help all that much.

Glad to hear they are well liked stands. I kinda want the m150 monster but I think it's going to be to heavy to carry a few miles. Plus I might move my stand location around a couple times over the course of our 2 week hunt.

Anyone use the Hawk Helium sticks? I'm thinking of pairing them with the m100 for a nice lightweight setup. I know the lone wolf sticks have high regards but they seem like way to much money for sticks with foot pegs on only one side.

$72 for this 
IMG_6460.PNG

While I like the price...it weighs 37 pounds!. Not something I want to drag around several miles at a time lol. I actually looked at these for use at home where weight means nothing since I can get my atv anywhere I want but I wrote them off due to lack of full platform use. If the seat flipped up and out of the way I'd get a few but I don't like the metal bar that holds the seat up and blocks access to the rest of the platform. Would be a really good stand if they just made it a flip seat some how.

I have a pair of the M150s.  The mesh seat allows for a cozy sit, so I imagine that the full chair will be just as cozy, with some back support (which you need, according to your post).

The biggest benefit for me, and the reason I returned another brand to purchase a second Millennium, is the hang on system.  Dropping the stand's steel tab down into the receiver is soooooooo much easier than wrapping straps around the tree while holding the stand against it at 18'.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

Anyone use the millennium M100u hang on? Been eyeballing these stands for a couple years now waiting for a good reason to spend that kind of money on a hang on. Since I'll be headed to Nebraska for 2 weeks the end of October I'm looking for a new stand to bring with me. We are hunting public land and it's a long walk in I guess so I need something light weight but also very comfy as I plan on doing a bunch of all day sits. Just wondering if anyone has one of the M100u stands and how they like it, pros cons and all that.

Just got this in the email - http://www.fieldandstreamshop.com/p/millennium-outdoors-m100u-hang-on-treestand-16mtsultrlthngnsftsb/16mtsultrlthngnsftsb

• Like 1

I have one of the M100u stands. This will be my first year with it, so I can't speak about hunting with it yet, but it's very comfy and pretty darn light to carry. I've been putting up a few of the chain on brackets so I can hunt multiple spots with it. I just leave the steps on the different trees along with the bracket. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

I have a pair of the M150s.  The mesh seat allows for a cozy sit, so I imagine that the full chair will be just as cozy, with some back support (which you need, according to your post).

The biggest benefit for me, and the reason I returned another brand to purchase a second Millennium, is the hang on system.  Dropping the stand's steel tab down into the receiver is soooooooo much easier than wrapping straps around the tree while holding the stand against it at 18'.

That alone is a huge advantage, been looking at picking one up this made up my mind for me

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
I just ordered the millennium M100u hang on from Midway.  12lbs and very comfortable is the word on these stands. I'm looking forward to trying it out this fall. 

If you remember, holler back and let me know how the hanging process goes. I'm curious to know how easy it straps to the tree...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

I have 2 - 100's. On the ground, tie a rope to the stand so when you get up there you can use a screw in step to hang the rope over to pull the stand up. install your climb sticks and then hang the chain. Flip the reciever over. Pull the stand up and drop it in the receiver.  Strap an additional around the bottom of the stand to keep it snug. - Done.

Get the ratchet strap- far friendlier than the chain. Super comfy great stand. Can make squeaky sounds w rubber boots when wet. Make sure you cam lock it so the base V is around the tree. Foot rest and pad made nice improvements. Love it for all day or gun sits using a mono pod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I bought a Millennium to hang and leave.  I use my lone wolf sticks to access it. 

Pro:  It is SUPER comfy and well built.  No worries about it lasting a long time and being able to do all day sits.

CON:  That MoFO is HEAVY and a nightmare to hang (I have the chain on version).  It was so heavy I can't believe I got it in a tree by myself. 

You mentioned packing it in with you?  LOL.  Good luck with that!!

• 1 month later...

I just hung the stand tonight. I had a mile hike in with the stand and my pack on my back and it wasn't too bad. I used the chain base that came with the stand.  It was fairly easy to pull the stand up and secure it to the receiver and the light weight was definitely a plus. A second ratchet strap at the base secures it snug with no movement.  I'm looking forward to using it on a hunt in the next week or two.

On 8/29/2017 at 7:19 PM, Rebel Darling said:

If you remember, holler back and let me know how the hanging process goes. I'm curious to know how easy it straps to the tree...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk