Eclipse

sodfather

27 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I was laughing at my wife for saying she wouldn't let Rupert outside during it. Is it really any different then when the clouds go in front of the sun when he's outside. He's lasted 5 years without looking at the sun ,I think we're safe.

There is all kinds of baloney being posted online about keeping your pets indoors during the eclipse so they will not have their retinas burnt out by looking into the sun. Like all these pets are going to be paying attention to the eclipse or that the sun only this particular eclipse day is extra dangerous to retinas. :rofl:

Al

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Actually they would probably make a very good pin hole projector.  or just fry your retina. lol

Ya ,see me standing there with 2 rays of sunshine coming out the back of my head. Then the dog might look at it.

• Like 1

several idiots I work with bought glasses online that turned out to be fake. Others flew to places to get the 100% experience. wacky in my opinion. I'll go outside and borrow someones glasses for a quick glimpse I guess.

51 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Just got a text from my brother. He's fishing the Madison River out west and right on the path. Pretty serene place to watch it I'd say.

with 1 million tenderfeet  jamming in shoulder to shoulder to see what a cloudy day looks like? Serene my adz....you can't move on the roads in there today I bet.

other than the smoke it's another typical blue sky clear day, I'm having fun watching the distracted drivers.

a.jpg

• Like 2

wind is changing , coming from the south, can't ask for better timing.

it will blow this smoke out of here and it's going to be pretty near perfect for the eclipse in an hour or so, if I heard right.

I don't get into such things but I can be bothered to look out the window for 2 minutes.

11 minutes ago, slickrockpack said:

wind is changing , coming from the south, can't ask for better timing.

it will blow this smoke out of here and it's going to be pretty near perfect for the eclipse in an hour or so, if I heard right.

I don't get into such things but I can be bothered to look out the window for 2 minutes.

Man with a view like that what the hell you doing inside, id be out hiking about in that beauty.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Man with a view like that what the hell you doing inside, id be out hiking about in that beauty.

I'm going to walk down the driveway to the mailbox as soon as the eclipse is over, I don't want to fall asleep while walking, thinking it is night time.

very smoky and humid today 26%, so I'm in no rush to go outside and tucker myself out getting mail.

e.jpg

• Like 1