Eclipse

sodfather

56 minutes ago, slickrockpack said:

I'm going to walk down the driveway to the mailbox as soon as the eclipse is over, I don't want to fall asleep while walking, thinking it is night time.

very smoky and humid today 26%, so I'm in no rush to go outside and tucker myself out getting mail.

e.jpg

Makes total sense, enjoy!!

I hope everyone is ok, it was terrifying here.

the darkness came at us like a falling wall, the temperature dropped sharply, I ran to call 911 but fell asleep as I crossed the barrier between light and darkness and just now woke up

a quick snow fell as the darkness engulfed us. praying for the heroes that are still out there.....

rr.jpg

Edited by slickrockpack
added snowfall photo, "a"key sticking on keyboard
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, philoshop said:

If you can find a spot with sunlight being filtered through tree leaves onto blacktop go out and watch. It's a very eerie experience even if you're not in the path of totality. The spaces between the leaves act like thousands of pin-hole projectors.

on my way to find a tree....Out Of My Way People!

it was a filtered light but hardly dark, like a good forest fire, we were in the 98% zone, I was not overly impressed, and I wasn't the last time I saw one either. ...like handing me a good cigar, ....don't...it's wasted on me.

h.jpg

Kid from work had the glasses so we ventured outside to check it out. Kinda neat but i could not see myself standing there the entire time watching the eclipse happen. You can tell its darker outside than a non cloudy day which is a bit weird but overall its nothing to be remembered. 

• Like 1