No bucks???

Grizz1219

Wow... checking 6 cameras... nothing like last year.. had 6 shooters on camera.... this year, nothing over a 4 point... Boy am I ever hoping they will show up after getting hard horned... tons of does... Hell, 1 camera had 507 triggers in 2 weeks... only 1 trigger was a coyote.. the rest were deer... VERY happy to see low coyote #'s.... Anyone else having the same issue??? 

Grizz

The bucks will come.  A patterned beast would be great, but, give me good doe numbers and I will take my chances come the last week of Oct and first few weeks of Nov.  Especially when you have a history of good days and locations during that period.

• Like 3

Its all about preferred available food sources. Im having the same issues this year. And as luck would have it, loggers destroyed my perennial plots and with a wet spring we dont have much for summer ag food. So the neighbors thaqt didnt have their plots ruined, have the bucks, the pictures and such.. They will be on your cams in another month or so. I pulled a cam that was out for 3 weeks over one of my "SOYBEAN" plots.. 1700 pics, not 1 buck lol. All does. same with another soybean plot. My 3rd Soybean plot has some minimal buck activity on it but the beans are pretty well hammered. 

I feel you pain! i usually have shooters galore on summer cams. not this year lol but they are there!

• Like 2

Don't feel bad. I'm in the same boat. I had a ton of bucks last summer all over the place. This year they seem to of disappeared. I had them on camera in early June then the corn came up and they vanished. Tons of tracks around the corn and not much in the timber right now. It's a food source thing. They will be back when the food sources are harvested and fall comes.

I should put a camera on the field/corn edge.

They will be there. Be patient. I know it's discouraging and frustrating. Only good thing for me is that the 2 big boys I had on camera I have already gotten again this year early on so I know they are still alive and in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well for one thing the DEC predicted a lower number of bucks for this year...as I recall..Second I have always had the best years when no buck were sighted before late Sept. The bachelor groups start breaking up and they head right for the doe on our place. It should be a great year.

I watched (3) bucks and a doe in a clover plot for about a half hour on Sunday afternoon.   I hope the biggest one stays around.  His 8-point rack was tall but narrow, just big enough to make a nice euro mount.  His body was of more interest to me, as it dwarfed the other two bucks and the doe.  It looked heavy enough to keep my family fed for quite some time.  All of the hides were still of that "summer-red" color, and the antlers were not yet completely cleared of velvet.      

• Like 1