Coyote Population Seems High

Lawdwaz

5 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I wonder if the mineral block attracted it

If you want to bait deer, you also will attract what eats them! Should you be surprised, that now you have predators close to where your kids play?  C'mon man.....................

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dg13126 said:

b105c4123944b2e651c194ac4d62155d.jpg
Middle of the day this camera is just beyond my daughters play are in back yard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

If you want to bait deer, you also will attract what eats them! Should you be surprised, that now you have predators close to where your kids play?  C'mon man.....................

• Like 1

I shoot every one I get a chance to when they're in season.  I've taken three at the crack of shooting time on opening day of rifle deer season.  Maybe I screwed my chance for a nice buck when I did, but I feel it has to be done.  Not enough people do though.  I wish there was no closed season on them in NY state.  Even that wouldn't get rid of them, but would help to keep their numbers as low as possible.  Pure vermin predators is all they are as far as I'm concerned.  I just wish the pelts brought more money to cover all the work involved.

• Like 1

The feed block was up in the feeder. It's gone now. The raccoons knocked it out 3 days in a row. Relocated it away from the area of the trail near daughters area. The raccoons have knocked over both stations and literally rolled the blocks 20-30 foot from stands

Last night I watched a recorded show on the Animal Planet channel called "I Was Prey" or something like that. It was about a guy that was walking home from work at night and was attacked by a bunch of coyotes. They worked him over pretty good, hacking him up all over his face and arms. They showed the damage. It wasn't pretty. He almost didn't make it.

And then there was the fatal coyote attack on the Canadian singer Taylor Mitchell: http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/hunting/2009/11/special-report-coyote-attacks-and-death-canadian-folk-singer-taylor-mitchell

So perhaps an excess of coyotes is not a real good thing.

11 hours ago, dg13126 said:

The feed block was up in the feeder. It's gone now. The raccoons knocked it out 3 days in a row. Relocated it away from the area of the trail near daughters area. The raccoons have knocked over both stations and literally rolled the blocks 20-30 foot from stands

Assuming you are in NY, what you are doing is illegal. 

15 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

LOL...To each his own. No different than me checking my mineral lick's on my way to make mock scrapes dumping Doe Pizz i got from my buddy in his CWD positive state all while burning a blunt from the bag of Double Berry in my shirt pocket?

Oh Crap...I meant thats what i do in the states that are not under dictatorship.... My Bad!

Edited by Four Season Whitetails
  • Like 1

This is a 1 acre lot across from a church. We do not hunt this land is is for observing the wildlife.in no direction here am I more than 100 yards from a building. I am not baiting to hunt. And local DEC runs there atv and side by sides down this trail as well as many people around me. Again I do not hunt this land

14 minutes ago, dg13126 said:

This is a 1 acre lot across from a church. We do not hunt this land is is for observing the wildlife.in no direction here am I more than 100 yards from a building. I am not baiting to hunt. And local DEC runs there atv and side by sides down this trail as well as many people around me. Again I do not hunt this land

Doesn't matter. The law doesn't say you can bait or feed on land you don't hunt, it says any land inhabited by deer. 

Doesn't matter. The law doesn't say you can bait or feed on land you don't hunt, it says any land inhabited by deer. 

Guess it's a good thing there a no deer there. They all prefer to run out in the road and get hit about a quarter of a mile from where the trail is. Lol