I'm sold. Plot and cams

turkeyfeathers

First year plot and second year running cams. Daughter and I cleared an old logging trail 60 yards below my ladder stand. Ordering a nice blind to put up nearby. Thanks to Growie and Let em Grow via messages they put us on track. Clover and some Timothy grass is doing well. Crazy amount of deer hitting it No slob bucks but a few decent ones. Really want daughter to get one on the ground 2 years of spring turkey and no bird and last year of deer for her and nothing. Hoping our work pays off. 9753f76f8b87f39482279dd88be171c0.jpg69b91da3b15de0c1d51ff53bdf252e9e.jpgc3070145b7969e5abf8045e5f02375ef.jpga30eba95034f412425f7558d19da5f07.jpg3f229cd14647d93c02da37da08ba32a1.jpg28b1476df9286cf6a5679cce244f1834.jpg351539d8aa54c509eabcc4c556e0e0f9.jpg3e1855de4a84265bba0bf1f71c33b65d.jpg981a1c4233d754bd6a7f0efbca1d1ddc.jpg997815132730a7330fc9ff74f16f4c0c.jpg

Hat full of berries again. Now need to get her gun dialed in again with slugs as we switched barrels for turkey . Bring on youth season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 16

Grew great !that said it almost out grew the weeds but barely...I actually mowed one mature section because the Persian carpet weed was so bad and even though the brassica and grains were over 2ft tall when I mowed,as were the weeds, dang if the clover underneath  popped...There was just no fighting weeds anywhere up here this year...not even with spaying... The pot I just did might not be too bad but I spent the summer discing all the new growth so there was no food there for the deer. The  only place it did not do well was the very early new lane way plot...the peas grew like mad...and some of the grains tried but none of the other seeds including the clovers grew...I just redid it with rye  and brassica...This is a new plot that never grew anything but moss for 30+ years......I knew it would take a few years... Any ways I'm looking forward to finding it on sale again this year but planting it at the proper fall time... ...I never got my buck wheat in as I wanted to fill that summer void...

• Like 2

Did you open the canopy? I did that this Spring for cover, but it looks like it will be 2018 before It gets decently thick. Need to down a couple more trees also

Did not open the canopy. Way too high to do so. Don't feel like zipping down any or in this case a lot of trees.

• Like 1

Dang all I do is cut trees...my brush pile fences there are well over my head nowIt gets filtered light most of the day and 4 hours of full sun......I even added more lime after the 12 bags I dropped in spring...fertilizer...it has no tilth to it.....gravelly, sandy, bit of red clay mixed in...

Grew great !that said it almost out grew the weeds but barely...I actually mowed one mature section because the Persian carpet weed was so bad and even though the brassica and grains were over 2ft tall when I mowed,as were the weeds, dang if the clover underneath  popped...There was just no fighting weeds anywhere up here this year...not even with spaying... The pot I just did might not be too bad but I spent the summer discing all the new growth so there was no food there for the deer. The  only place it did not do well was the very early new lane way plot...the peas grew like mad...and some of the grains tried but none of the other seeds including the clovers grew...I just redid it with rye  and brassica...This is a new plot that never grew anything but moss for 30+ years......I knew it would take a few years... Any ways I'm looking forward to finding it on sale again this year but planting it at the proper fall time... ...I never got my buck wheat in as I wanted to fill that summer void...

That's good news! I put it in 2 failed corn plots. I added some extra clover seed that I had laying around. I just hope we get these storms they have been warning us about all day!

I'm pretty stoked on deer acceptance on small plot we put in. It's iffy when and if brother sells property though so time invested is always iffy. But I can get the addiction on bigger and more from seeing results.

Honestly I put a ton of time and money into plots and haven't killed a deer out of them in at least 5 years. I put them in for my brother and for me to be able to bring Maddy out and let her see deer.

• Like 4

Honestly I put a ton of time and money into plots and haven't killed a deer out of them in at least 5 years. I put them in for my brother and for me to be able to bring Maddy out and let her see deer.

Good on you. Same thing here. Oh but man , the smiles were going to bring to our daughters is priceless for our work I hope

• Like 2