Fishing pier niagara river power plant

sailinghudson25

I've spent my fair share of time down there waiting for the number 1 turbine to turn on. I would bet they have hauled in some salmon by now. The salmon stack up once that number one turbine turns on and forms a whirlpool next to the platform . You'll see the guys at the very bottom of the stairs standing shoulder to shoulder. The important thing is to watch for a few minutes and learn the rotation, the guy furthest from the wall starts his drift first ,then the next closet and so on. It's the only way to keep from getting tangled. When your drift ends just reel in and get ready to do it over again. If anyone leaves a line in too long,it will get snagged. When someone hooks something ,everyone quickly reels in and usually they end up retrieving down the platform further down. This time of year is hit or miss with bait , KO wobbler,real or rubber eggs,chartreuse Mr. Twister are the most popular.