Broadheads

NYBuckHunter27

9 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I also bought 12 Chinadermics, 12 heads for $10. Might toss a Spitfire, Ulmer edge, Rage hypodermic, Carbon Express Torrid in the quiver... Gotta keep the deer guessing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Still using my same dozen I bought in '15. Perfect record so far: 6 heads = 6 very dead deer!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Rage

3 hours ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Still using my same dozen I bought in '15. Perfect record so far: 6 heads = 6 very dead deer!

Chinadermics just like the past two years...

You got me very curious to try these on our crossbows. On my compound, I'm down to maybe a tick above 50 lbs. Not sure if thats enough push for these. And the fixed blades I use have done well for me. But the crossbows have more than enough push. For the cost, I may have to give em a try.

7 minutes ago, grampy said:

You got me very curious to try these on our crossbows. On my compound, I'm down to maybe a tick above 50 lbs. Not sure if thats enough push for these. And the fixed blades I use have done well for me. But the crossbows have more than enough push. For the cost, I may have to give em a try.

I don't think they recommend anyone under 60 pounds to use them. Might be okay in a crossbow though

• Like 1

G5 Montec CS, 100 grain.  They're pricey, but easy to sharpen for multiple uses.  I use the "preseason" at 100 grain to sight the bow and for practice, and it makes for an easy and confident transfer when time comes to draw back on a deer.

I shoot mechs because I like all that cutting diameter but tune with Montecs. Great design IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I shoot mechs because I like all that cutting diameter but tune with Montecs. Great design IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, when I see pics of blood trails from mechanical broad heads, I'm almost persuaded to give up the fixed-blades.  But blood trails with the Montecs have always been adequate, except for once, and that was my fault: poor shot placement - a gut shot.

• Like 1