Kershaw usa knives , excellent service

slickrockpack

I thought I would let my friends on here know that Kershaw knives came through in spades for my wife recently.

She snapped the tip off of one of her knives, a little every day carry Kershaw she had, I don't think a lot of Kershaw products but instead of reshaping the tip I had her send it back to the factory.

they responded they could replace the blade, she said go ahead

today 2 brand new replacements  showed up.  charged  for shipping only. A1 Kershaw

knives.jpg

knife.jpg

• Like 2

Kershaw and Buck both make knives in the U.S. and overseas , and the overseas ones are coming up in quilty . However they also make a range of knives from premium to entry level, which can lead to differant opinions of a brand as some are not comparing like models at times.

Kershaw has a lifetime warranty and lifetime free sharpening .

Spyderco also has a great warranty and once the owner , Sal Glassser read a post of mine online and sent me a new knife ( one not out yet ) after reading about an issue I had . Spyderco while using different steels and handle materials , uses only premium ones, their enter level knives are sold under a different name, Byrd to keep the Spyderco name associated only with higher end knives .

• Like 2

they aren't knives that blow my hair back , they just aren't my style, but they impressed me with their service and drive.

so far for opening boxes and packages it's a great knife.  I can see why my wife has liked it.

I clip it in the chest pocket of my shirt right next to my reading glasses :)

kn.jpg

I've taken to carrying a small knife for most tasks , saving the edge on my larger one for when its really needed . 

Often a Spyderco Dragonfly (small), and Yojimbo, or Hinderer XM18.

I do,own a ZT ( made by Kershaw) and once owned a Kershaw Chive, nice little blade with Speedsafe mechanism.

I can also appreciate shirt pockets, as I depend on reading glasses too ! I changed from tshirts to short sleeve button down shirts with a pocket .

• Like 1

Kershaw and Buck both make knives in the U.S. and overseas , and the overseas ones are coming up in quilty . However they also make a range of knives from premium to entry level, which can lead to differant opinions of a brand as some are not comparing like models at times.
Kershaw has a lifetime warranty and lifetime free sharpening .
Spyderco also has a great warranty and once the owner , Sal Glassser read a post of mine online and sent me a new knife ( one not out yet ) after reading about an issue I had . Spyderco while using different steels and handle materials , uses only premium ones, their enter level knives are sold under a different name, Byrd to keep the Spyderco name associated only with higher end knives .
I going with a comparison of similar price point knifes. Both are under 100$. I do envy those with high end knives but I am too hard on them and have a tendency to lose them or misplace them often, so I stick with more entry level. Apples to apples the edge is Def better on the Kershaw.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Larry302 said:

I've taken to carrying a small knife for most tasks , saving the edge on my larger one for when its really needed . 

Often a Spyderco Dragonfly (small), and Yojimbo, or Hinderer XM18.

I do,own a ZT ( made by Kershaw) and once owned a Kershaw Chive, nice little blade with Speedsafe mechanism.

I can also appreciate shirt pockets, as I depend on reading glasses too ! I changed from tshirts to short sleeve button down shirts with a pocket .

Me too. (the shirts)

The only thing I do not like about this knife so far, and it is a minor issue, is the spring is so strong you really have to give it a solid grip when opening it or it will fly right out of your hand.  Part of that is it is a little knife,   two and a half finger, and hard for me to hang onto when opening to begin with.

I'm going to go see what the local dealers have in the way of other Launch series knives, this is a pretty nice edc. so far.

Edited by slickrockpack
clarification on shirts

Treeguy, I consider entry level to be their sub $30 ones. Most Spyderco's I carry run in the $50- $90 range . Give me a Delica or Endura and I'm all set .

Now I do have a Hinderer XM 18 ( ($385) but you can beat he crap out of it, send it back and Rick will make it like new. That and used and beat I can sell it for more than I paid. He sells only to military and first responders , and limits them as well, so the secondary market for them is red hot , new ones resell for double but that's bad to do as he wants them in the hands of real users not collectors .

This knife was made to be abused.

PM me your address , I'm trying to thin the herd and you wouldn't be the first guy here to receive a package from me .

PS don't expect a Hinderer. Would you have any use for a large hand filling one with a fat recurve blade ? It's not a splinter picker but it'll take abuse . I've had it years but seldom carried it, as I'm not a fan of recurves .

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Larry302 said:

PM me your address , I'm trying to thin the herd and you wouldn't be the first guy here to receive a package from me .

Thanks again Larry. My Spyderco has been in my pocket everyday since.  It was even cleared on blade length through the Smithsonian and Arlington metal detectors. Left in hotel for the White House tour :cheese:

• Like 2

not holding an edge very well, easy to sharpen being so soft but really just a gentleman's ./ladies knife for office work or opening mail, etc

DOe/Fawn tags came out the other day here, we are limited to 20 tags per each unit, unlimited overall, my buddy picked up 180 tags, I told him I'd quarter deer until this knife gets dull and then this old sick bastard is DONE. LOL

might be the best knife I ever got! :)