Grouse numbers

My buddy in Canadice has a "pet" grouse he's been keeping an eye on for better than a year now.  If I could load a 49 second video right now you'd see the little SOB take a nip out of my right finger.  Good stuff!

Any time you run the 4 wheeler up behind his house, you just shut the machine down and within a couple minutes here he comes, making this funny little chirping sound.  I have lots of pics and video..........

• Like 2

Last one, last year in swamp...they use to be all over and made turkey hunting very enjoyable...listening to their drumming..I miss that...cut nearly all our popular to get the root suckering . I had hoped it would bring them back...but not yettons of young sprouts appearing all over though.

I am glad some are seeing good numbers. There is nothing I love more than chasing grouse with my setters. My uncle had a grouse that followed him all summer while cutting trees in his woods. Would jump up on the tractor seat while he worked. I believe it is quite common for grouse to do such things