Dog workout

sodfather

• 1 month later...

Hardest morning ever so far with Coop he leaves to Georgia today for 3 months for training. He goes to work with me everyday and spend every night with him. Never thought I'd have such a hard time with this but I'm a wreck. I know this is for the better and was the plan before he was even born. Tough saying goodbye to a dog even for a couple months 

IMG_0741.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, helmut in the bush said:

I know this doesn't help you but, there is no way I could give up my dog like that

I do agree with part of that logic. My feeling is it's best for The Dog not me. You are looking out what's best for you. He's working all winter doing what he loves to do instead of laying by the fire all winter not getting the exercise or work they love. But I get it feelings come into play.

Ugh. Sorry man. I enjoy seeing you out at the bus stop or driving by with him. He's just as much family now as your kids and wife. It'll be tough but like you said you planned on sending him off before you even got him. You got him to be trained and that's what he's going away for. Think of all the hours and days of hunting the two of you will have together when he returns. Before you know it he'll be home.  Could we have gotten a twofer and sent Maizy with Cooper? She's a golden retriever and dumb as a box of hammers 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What kind of training? Why so far? 

Want him to learn the T pattern and blind retrieves. How to be patient and still in a duck blind. Also some field training. He's going so far cause that's where the trainer takes all his dogs so he can work all winter. Hard to work a water dog when it's a sheet of ice. It's a nice little business he has. Has employees to thow birds clean kennel and other chores. He has won awards all over the US and is know as one of the best with this breed. It's just something I don't have the time or knowledge on how to do. I've had 2 other labs and did it myself and were ok till I went to a actual legit retriever club and was blown away how smart these dogs can be with the right training 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Want him to learn the T pattern and blind retrieves. How to be patient and still in a duck blind. Also some field training. He's going so far cause that's where the trainer takes all his dogs so he can work all winter. Hard to work a water dog when it's a sheet of ice. It's a nice little business he has. Has employees to thow birds clean kennel and other chores. He has won awards all over the US and is know as one of the best with this breed. It's just something I don't have the time or knowledge on how to do. I've had 2 other labs and did it myself and were ok till I went to a actual legit retriever club and was blown away how smart these dogs can be with the right training 

Primarily, what are you going to use him for? (duck I assume)

• 4 months later...

Cooper has been back since Christmas and has been doing great with what he has learned so far. Doing basic drills when snow and temps allow. Needs to work on his steadiness but marks and retrieving are fantastic. Bringing bumpers back to heel is good but still very puppy at 9 months now. 

9DDACB24-F606-47BF-8924-B895F5CCCCE3.jpeg

7F3ED0BE-3BF2-4CEA-B0B6-9FA87B1B78E6.jpeg

• Like 6

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...