I cant see right.......

Robhuntandfish

Just got some glasses for the first time in 23 years.  Had lazer eye surgery a long time ago but must be my lasers wore off cause i cant see like I used to, so got some glasses.  They are for distance and am having a problem with the bow.  When i look thru peep I am getting 2 sets of pins.......so I choose the brightest ones.  Not a good issue to try to figure out when that buck walks into range. Like the glasses for the better ability to see distance and the crisp pic, but might not bow hunt with them.  Dr said I would prob need bifocals soon as well.  Damn getting old sucks. Any tips or anyone have this same problem.  Was hoping that the glasses would help with crispness of vision for my 30+ yard shots but now I have another problem with the double pins.  

• Like 1

the double vision for the pins is a def problem.  Maybe I can wear glasses while in the stand and have a laynard on them to take off to shoot.  Cause can see better for deer coming etc.  Didnt have glasses last year and got them this year for driving and hunting cause my distance vision was a problem.  But still dropped one with bow, one with crossbow and one with the gun. Its just my vision is so much better if I could just get rid of those double pins.  Would a clarifier work for that?  I see the pins fine , just have double pins. And i close my left eye to shoot. 

34 minutes ago, ny hunter said:

I have glasses that are a bit weaker then my normal script...I was having a problem with the front sights on hand guns....I wear them when I shoot my bow as well...

ny hunter is on the right track, I was having exactly the same problem with open sights seeing them double and it just started to happen in recent years with my newest glasses. A little while back I was going through some older glasses I had laying around and put on a pair from 10 years ago and the double front sight problem was gone. I got out a couple of my open sight rimfire rifles on my back yard range and had those reactive targets singing and dancing, the good times were rolling again. The old glasses are not as strong as the newest and while they may not be quite as clear at distance for all around vision they work best and what I am wearing right now.

• Like 2

might try that lower prescription idea. But only prob is I dont have an old pair and ins wont pay for another to be made.  But it might be worth asking the doc about - thanks 

7 minutes ago, airedale said:

ny hunter is on the right track, I was having exactly the same problem with open sights seeing them double and it just started to happen in recent years with my newest glasses. A little while back I was going through some older glasses I had laying around and put on a pair from 10 years ago and the double front sight problem was gone. I got out a couple of my open sight rimfire rifles on my back yard range and had those reactive targets singing and dancing, the good times were rolling again. The old glasses are not as strong as the newest and while they may not be quite as clear at distance for all around vision they work best and what I am wearing right now.

I can't say if this would work I have prescriptions ...but Mr B swears by the eye glasses you can buy at places like CVS..and yes he regularly goes to the eye doc and they are OK with it... I don't know if those might work. Though easy enough to go and look through a few to see  while out shopping.

Ive worn glasses all my life and one thing that is VERY important is making sure the glasses fit your face perfectly.  Looking through a rifle scope (since i'm looking straight on) doesn't give me any problems but i noticed aiming through a peep sight and pins I wasn't looking perfectly straight...more using the left 33% of my right lens.  I found that if I push my glasses up and closer to my eye just a little bit when using a bow, it keeps my field of vision closer to the center of my glasses. 

• Like 1

I think that was def part of my issue.  The angle of the lens was just throwing me off.  

7 minutes ago, 22Plinker said:

Ive worn glasses all my life and one thing that is VERY important is making sure the glasses fit your face perfectly.  Looking through a rifle scope (since i'm looking straight on) doesn't give me any problems but i noticed aiming through a peep sight and pins I wasn't looking perfectly straight...more using the left 33% of my right lens.  I found that if I push my glasses up and closer to my eye just a little bit when using a bow, it keeps my field of vision closer to the center of my glasses. 

• Like 1

I wore glasses most of my life and they were a pain hunting , rain, fog up when I wore a face mask and so on . Then I had trouble seeing pins as well, I even knocked the right lens out of one pair, thought I could use left eye for distance and then close it and see pins clear with right ya that didn't work ....

Had Lasic a few years ago at around 54 Y/O, wow that was a great move !

Only problem was I never knew I had so many winkles , I was much better looking when I was half blind .

• Like 2

I found it very difficult to shoot with progressive bifocals. Earlier this year i went to bifocal (multifocal) contact lenses and the difference is amazing. I can see the pins clearly and see the target clearly. Funny, but one of the things I am looking forward to the most this hunting season, is not dealing with glasses! 

• Like 1