NHL playoff race

wooly

Rangers dominated the first period but couldn't put the puck in the net.. The Rangers didn't show up for minutes 20-40. Just goes to show you you can have the best goal tender in the league but need to score more than 1 goal to win. Good luck Sabres fans. Wooly it was close and a very good game, just a reminder your team is playing tonight! Don't forget! lol

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post game chatter was based around how good the penalty kill was. ::D

Ummm...you don't win many games playing short handed for nearly an entire period. Hope they can get their act together for Mondays homer. ???

YEEAAAAAAAH, we finally won 1. WOOOOHOOOOOOO.

Good game, if the league had called me at the end of the 2'nd the game would have ended 4-2! :O

I figured you guys would be rioting in the streets instead of posting about it here tonight. Flip a car or mug a little old lady for me if ya get out yet! :D

Now we find the two New York teams in the same situation. I have a feeling these go to game 7.

Bottom seeds rarely succeed. The Caps and Flyers are superior teams. As a lifelong Rangers fan I am optimistic, however the reality is that the team just cannot score goals and their power play is terrible.

Really no surprise here. I was hoping we wouldn't meet Philly from the start....not that we'd have matched up any better against the Caps. Kinda why I was hoping for that 6'th slot, but even Boston's playing desperate hockey now.

I'd like to think we'll be facing a best of 3 series coming up, but that's most likely just wishfull thinking. ;)

The scheduling is a little complicated, they have to schedule it in a way where the games will all finish by a certain point, but they cant do back to back games. And with the New York Knicks also playing games at Madison Square Garden, they had to find a way to make it work. If you look at the schedule the Sabres/Flyers series is the only in the east that worked out perfectly to have a game every other day. While all 3 other series had at least one 2 day break. The Rangers/Capitals has two 2 day breaks.