Brassica help

So I planted brassicas in a 1/4 acre of new ground, next to 1/4 acre of existing plot.  The germination was spotty, but the plants that came up looked good.  I overseeded some bare or thin spots with some leftover seed.  Last weekend things looked decent.  I went yesterday to spread urea and the deer had half killed the plot.  There were actually 6 deer in there when I went to fertilize.  

Will the urea and rain help the plot bounce back?  Has anyone had luck "saving" a late plot with cereal grains? Do brassicas change color normally, or do reddish leaves signal a deficiency?  

Separately, I planted WI Fusion in the other 1/4 acre with forage oats as a nurse crop.  It's filling in nicely, but the deer are keeping it mowed down.  Do you use a high nitrogen fertilizer to feed the oats and chicory, or a low nitrogen fertilizer to boost the clover?  I didn't seed my oats at a high enough rate, so I'm getting grass already.  Live and learn.

I know it's a lot of questions, but I figured some of the food plot whizzes might have some sound advice.  Thanks to anyone who bothered to read this rambling, as well as anyone willing to share their experience & thoughts.

Im no wiz by a long shot I think discolored leaves indicates a lack of fertilizer or nutrion in the soil I know oats  and ww do well late. I would think any fertilizer is better then none on your WI fusion.  Bright side sounds like u got plenty of deer and you did plant it for them just they are a lil early

• Like 1

Thanks Land.  My plan is to overseed the brassicas with forage oats and some free triticale from the farmer down the road.  I'll give the Fusion some 5-20-20 and call it close enough.  

There are plenty of does and fawns for now.  I saw 11 deer before I left.  They're welcome to anything I plant (except trees) but I'd rather not have 1/4 acre of bare dirt.  I really like brassicas, but they don't seem to last in this spot.