What ya drinking?

Borngeechee

Not much.......I'll take a small vacuum bottle of soup and possibly another with hot cocoa if it's cold enough.  A bottle of water too, usually..........

I know the soup isn't really a beverage but figured I'd list it too.  Granted, this is for a dark to dark sit.  If I'm in it for 3-4 hours in the morning I'll sometimes bring some java.

Not much.......I'll take a small vacuum bottle of soup and possibly another with hot cocoa if it's cold enough.  A bottle of water too, usually..........
I know the soup isn't really a beverage but figured I'd list it too.  Granted, this is for a dark to dark sit.  If I'm in it for 3-4 hours in the morning I'll sometimes bring some java.
Soup is a good idea for long cold days.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

When the temperature dips below freezing, I pack a thermos of hot apple cider.   It tastes good, warms me up, and it's smell may actually attract deer, otherwise just a canteen of water.  Apple cider don't tip them off that a hunter is close, like coffee might.  Coffee is so smelly, that I can almost smell it from 50 yards upwind.    On western hunts, where I did not have access to a tractor or ATV, I brought along water purification tablets and hunted near a creek, because I go thru gallons when I have to drag or pack a carcass out.  A quart of water or cider will easily keep me hydrated thru a morning or afternoon hunt otherwise.    

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

When the temperature dips below freezing, I pack a thermos of hot apple cider.   It tastes good, warms me up, and it's smell may actually attract deer, otherwise just a canteen of water.  Apple cider don't tip them off that a hunter is close, like coffee might.  Coffee is so smelly, that I can almost smell it from 50 yards upwind.    On western hunts, where I did not have access to a tractor or ATV, I brought along water purification tablets and hunted near a creek, because I go thru gallons when I have to drag or pack a carcass out.  A quart of water or cider will easily keep me hydrated thru a morning or afternoon hunt otherwise.    

Cider sounds good but it unclogs the pipes for me. They'd smell that from a lot farther than 50 yards ^_^

• Like 6

warm cider is a great idea.  gonna try that this year.  I usually dont take anything but maybe a water.  

10 hours ago, wolc123 said:

A cup of coffee before I head into the woods. A juice box in my pocket with my candy bar for lunch and a life straw in case I have to drag or am too far from the truck and have to camp for the night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you camo for the night do you have anything on you that acts as a shelter, so you build something, or just stay under the stars?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk