PORGY

hunterman7956

YOU THINK IT IS B.S. OKAY WHY ? I WILL ADMIT IT IS SUPER BIG BUT IT WAS CAUGHT IN NEW ZEALAND ACCORDING TO THE POSTER AND IT JUST MAY BE A VARIATION OF THE SPECIES . I HAVE SEEN WITH MY OWN EYES SOME VERY BIG FISH THAT IN MY AREA OF N.Y AND N.J SEEM FREAKISH TO OTHERS THAT HAVE NEVER SEEN REALLY BIG FISH. CAPE COD FOR INSTANCE , PROVENCETOWN 69 LB STRIPER CAUGHT BY A NEIL COREDERO FROM THE SURF WHEN I WAS YOUNGER. IF THIS PIC IS B.S. AS YOU SAY SHOW ME AND I WILL KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN I COME ACROSS THIS KIND OF PIC . THIS IS THE SITE ABOUT 15 OR 20 PICS DOWN  

New Zealand Food & Drink
Edited by hunterman7956
CORRECTION

Okay, Hunterman, don't get your panties in a wad...

Of course it might be authentic,  but  there are lots of photographic frauds on the  internet  so forgive me for being skeptical...

It also looks a lot bigger than 8 or 10 pounds to me...Perhaps the dude carrying it is a Pygmy..<<grin>>....

• Like 1

I'd never question a fish caught in New Zealand because I don't have a clue about their fish. However, in New York I'd say that if you got one like that it'd be amazing. I'm no expert on porgies, but have a lot of experience fishing for them on L.I.

Except for this season I fish most weekdays and sometimes weekends. I primarily fish for stripers and bluefish, but quite often when those predators aren't around I fish for porgies in my kayak. I fished for them so often for a couple of years that my friends jokingly  called me "Porgy Bob" I don't weigh them but know that they do get 3lb. fish. My best was 19 inches. They are easy to catch so we get tons of them. In fact I'm heading out now for blues, but have porgy bait with me.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, greybeard said:

Yeah, and they grow some good size game animals. Looks like a beautiful country. I watch some Youtube videos about  hunting there.

Hunted there in 2015.....love to go back. Didn't fish as river/stream season just ended, but lakes were still open. Like to fix that.

Underwater pics from dock in Queenstown, South Island.

B7XCNOx.jpg

Edited by Dinsdale
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Hunted there in 2015.....love to go back. Didn't fish as river/stream season just ended, but lakes were still open. Like to fix that.

Underwater pics from dock in Queenstown, South Island.

B7XCNOx.jpg

Holy RAINBOW, Batman !!!....<<smile>>...

• Like 1