How would you react to this situation? (Hunting permission)

regulat0r

11 minutes ago, skully said:

You serious? 250 acres. Your doing pretty friggin good.  I dont care where it is.........

Yea they might have got the property cheap because foreclosure but you have to have very deep pockets to pay the taxes on 250 acres in orange county.  There Rich         

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

250 acres with a house and couple barns, im assuming 500  to 600k. Thats not a huge investment if this is thier full time residence and with live stock /farm they can get tax incentives. Now if they live in the city and paid that much to use as a seasonal home, then they have deep pockets.

500 -600 k         Your kidding right?????????????

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

If adults can't act like adults I don't want them near my property.

I don't want to be a mediator, after all I'm doing them a favor.

This is the exact reason why I don't let anyone hunt my properties!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that. At the same do you want someone thinking they run your property just because u did them that favor. That could cause more headache then if they came to you and you made it clear who owns it and who decides who hunts it. In this case it is not two guys not working things out. It is one guy thinking he controls someone else's property. He was given an inch and jumped a mile. I wouldn't even want that guy as a handyman.

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

My money is on that the handy man has been hunting the property all along anyway. 

You can bet on it. Last year one of my buddy's and I got permission to hunt a chunk that supposedly no one had permission to hunt in over a decade. We started scouting and found about 15 treestands on the property lines and a few on the property. The property owner had no clue they were there. We cleared the ones that were on the property and tried hunting it. The stands on the edges were being used every time we went there. We even witnessed guys shooting from them onto the property. The landowner didn't want issues with the neighbors so I gave up on it. I'm not sure if my buddy bothered anymore either. 

10 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

You can bet on it. Last year one of my buddy's and I got permission to hunt a chunk that supposedly no one had permission to hunt in over a decade. We started scouting and found about 15 treestands on the property lines and a few on the property. The property owner had no clue they were there. We cleared the ones that were on the property and tried hunting it. The stands on the edges were being used every time we went there. We even witnessed guys shooting from them onto the property. The landowner didn't want issues with the neighbors so I gave up on it. I'm not sure if my buddy bothered anymore either. 

And it is guys like that why good honest hunters have a hard time getting permission. This kinder generation stuff sucks. If it were my neighbors on my land without my permission I'd have their heads. 

• Like 3

I understand that. At the same do you want someone thinking they run your property just because u did them that favor. That could cause more headache then if they came to you and you made it clear who owns it and who decides who hunts it. In this case it is not two guys not working things out. It is one guy thinking he controls someone else's property. He was given an inch and jumped a mile. I wouldn't even want that guy as a handyman.

You literally described 2 guys not working things out.

This has nothing to do with the landowner and everything to do with the 2 guys. The landowner has no problems. It's 2 guys "adults" with problems.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

And it is guys like that why good honest hunters have a hard time getting permission. This kinder generation stuff sucks. If it were my neighbors on my land without my permission I'd have their heads. 

Now now Bob, bad guys are given hugs and free meals nowadays. 

I talked to people that were worried about their neighbors feelings when I asked for literally one day to Turkey hunt during youth season. Needless to say I got permission but then passed, mostly because the birds left. Cut to a year later while on my way to work and the cops have the guy out in front of his house at 6 am. Lol Nice guy. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

Now now Bob, bad guys are given hugs and free meals nowadays. 

I talked to people that were worried about their neighbors feelings when I asked for literally one day to Turkey hunt during youth season. Needless to say I got permission but then passed, mostly because the birds left. Cut to a year later while on my way to work and the cops have the guy out in front of his house at 6 am. Lol Nice guy. 

about 30 years ago we lost a 100 acre prime spot. New owner and he didn't want any hunting and posted it about every tree. figured, oh well. We got permission next door. That next summer the owner that kicked us out got busted for growing pot on the property. lol

• Like 2

What is the address of this property? Right off 9D in Cold Spring? I am interested in the 160" 10pt.

• I won't jerk off a dog
  • I won't fix other people's household problems for free
  • I will write a check

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 3

59 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What is the address of this property? Right off 9D in Cold Spring? I am interested in the 160" 10pt.

• I won't jerk off a dog
  • I won't fix other people's household problems for free
  • I will write a check

LOL na it was about 8 years ago in dover.  Hunted him for 3 years, only deer I was after. friggin obsession.  Had him once at 20 yds on Nov 13th.  He had to take one step so I had a clear shot.  Never happened.  Turned and went other way.  Someone shot him on opening day of gun season on next property that year.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

You literally described 2 guys not working things out.

This has nothing to do with the landowner and everything to do with the 2 guys. The landowner has no problems. It's 2 guys "adults" with problems.

Actually there is nothing for the two guys to work out. The land owner gave both guys permission to hunt and one of the guys is taking control of the property and saying the other can not hunt there even though the owner says he can. As a land owner I will not let someone else controlling my property. It is so much more then two guys not working things. It is one guy saying he does not care who owns the land he will controlling it as his own. It isn't even about two guys hunting it is one guy taking controlling of your property.

Actually there is nothing for the two guys to work out. The land owner gave both guys permission to hunt and one of the guys is taking control of the property and saying the other can not hunt there even though the owner says he can. As a land owner I will not let someone else controlling my property. It is so much more then two guys not working things. It is one guy saying he does not care who owns the land he will controlling it as his own. It isn't even about two guys hunting it is one guy taking controlling of your property.

I guess we will agree to disagree, I see this as 2 grown men who both have permission. The op has to deal with the other guy whom also has permission. The only way to avoid this is to buy your own land or pay for a lease, this is all part of hunting if you don't have land to call your own.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I guess we will agree to disagree, I see this as 2 grown men who both have permission. The op has to deal with the other guy whom also has permission. The only way to avoid this is to buy your own land or pay for a lease, this is all part of hunting if you don't have land to call your own.

my parents own hundreds of acres.  i've had a couple extended family members trying to harass each other and play games.  each one was calling me asking to tell the other they need to go somewhere else.  one was late 30's and the other was 50's.  i was actually at my house on my property 20 minutes away trying to hunt in peace.  i usually call the shots when parent's are away or whatever.  basically not my problem and told them they were both men and family and had to work it out themselves.  dad later asked about their BS.  i told him i said they had to work it out themselves and get along.  he agreed and said if people can't get along, none of them will hunt.  we're pretty open.  family are allowed to put up stands and hunt were they want but have to do so respecting each other.  any other way would be more work and a PITA for me.  hunting etiquette and getting along shouldn't be considered rocket science for adults.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fletch said:

I did not read the whole thread but to the OP....

I would stop back at some point with some home made cookies or brownies, I would also bring up they said they had a handyman and say hey I'd be more than willing to try to tackle some jobs for you for letting me hunt.....instead of you paying a handyman..?

Who knows.

Good idea