How would you react to this situation? (Hunting permission)

regulat0r

Didn't someone say just a week or two ago about what a bad investment land was?  Just think, that poor investment would save you from baking, bribing, working for free, strokin the dog, plowing snow and arguing with your neighbors.  Tell me again what a bad investment that hunting land was? lol

Ding ding ding we have a winner!
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Rack Attack said:

Didn't someone say just a week or two ago about what a bad investment land was?  Just think, that poor investment would save you from baking, bribing, working for free, strokin the dog, plowing snow and arguing with your neighbors.  Tell me again what a bad investment that hunting land was? lol

Well, in all fairness, owning your own land does not guarantee that you won't have neighbor-problems. And some of the situations that I have heard and read about would make this situation seem pretty tame by comparison. But there are a lot of situations of begging and groveling that owning your own land does do away with.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Well, in all fairness, owning your own land does not guarantee that you won't have neighbor-problems. And some of the situations that I have heard and read about would make this situation seem pretty tame by comparison. But there are a lot of situations of begging and groveling that owning your own land does do away with.

Very true Doc, it doesn't guarantee that you won't argue with your neighbor.  One thing is for sure though is that argument won't get your hunting permission taken away like this situation likely will.  In the long run I was just being a smart a$$, but there is a lot of truth to it as well.  It was all in good fun.

It was me who said that one of the hunting properties I bought was a bad investment. Buying your own doesn't fix all the problems and about the only things it guarantees you is that you will have a spot to hunt and you will be paying for it. I could fill the next 2 pages with problems I have had with other people being on my properties without my permission and ruining hunting days/seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, jjb4900 said:

hopefully we'll hear back as to what happened.......6 pages of advice,so would be nice to find out how it eventually played out.

The wife ran off with the handyman , the husband and dog are now being serviced by a local who has exclusive hunting use .

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

The wife ran off with the handyman , the husband and dog are now being serviced by a local who has exclusive hunting use .

LOL.  At least it's not the husband servicing the handyman (along with the dog) just so he could get to hunt it.  And that would be rights to hunt only one acre.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2017 at 11:32 AM, Uncle Nicky said:

Let's be brutally honest here...

The handyman has a history with the landowner, you don't. Unless you have something valuable to offer the owner (cash, services), you are lower on the food chain to the owner than the handyman is. I doubt cookies or venison is going to change his mind much. I'd say move on, (or be prepared to do some work or spend some money, if you feel like the property is worth it to you). I would definitely not get the landowner involved, he's liable to give everyone the boot, including future hunters who decide to knock on his door.

Uncle nicky is right on the money.  I would laugh in someones face if they offered me cookies and venison.......

• Like 1

On 9/14/2017 at 6:47 PM, skully said:

Uncle nicky is right on the money.  I would laugh in someones face if they offered me cookies and venison.......

that's because you're a hunter. To a non-hunter a lot about letting someone on your land is trust. Honestly, maybe it doesn't exist much more in modern america, but the local down the road with a welcome offering of something personal can be much more appealing to an out of towner with a check book. These new neighbors now have a local that they can trust for advice and to watch their back. You can't buy that with money.