Name that tool

I brought home a small goodie bag from a yard sale and it had some drill bits and router bits inside. Can never have too many of either. It also had these 2 "thingies" or "doohickeys" and I am clueless as to what they are or used for. Trying to search on the ol interweb but again don't know what I'm searching for or what it's called. It's driving me crazy not knowing so.....

Let's hear it

68be723da32a51d6bfcf5ba1a41d0017.jpg2e63b4748a6f4b79e3408da129a8ded6.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Daveboone said:

it looks like the hollow portion is off set.....if so, wouldn't drill for diddly.

I was thinking a tree sap tap if it is offset....

If you save and blow up the picture you can see what the manufacturer did. It is dimpled from setting the "tube" back from the original bend to get it centered. 

• Like 1

They're pretty 'rough' for anything like fine furniture but I've been using them for years where appropriate, like installing kitchen cabinets. They're a lot handier than having three different drills, or spending/wasting time changing bits three different times for every hole. One drill for the holes, and one drill/driver for the screws.

27 minutes ago, philoshop said:

They're pretty 'rough' for anything like fine furniture but I've been using them for years where appropriate, like installing kitchen cabinets. They're a lot handier than having three different drills, or spending/wasting time changing bits three different times for every hole. One drill for the holes, and one drill/driver for the screws.

I use these now

http://www.irwin.com/tools/drill-bits/wood-countersinks-sets

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Zem18 said:

I brought home a small goodie bag from a yard sale and it had some drill bits and router bits inside. Can never have too many of either. It also had these 2 "thingies" or "doohickeys" and I am clueless as to what they are or used for. Trying to search on the ol interweb but again don't know what I'm searching for or what it's called. It's driving me crazy not knowing so.....

Let's hear it

68be723da32a51d6bfcf5ba1a41d0017.jpg2e63b4748a6f4b79e3408da129a8ded6.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Counter sink bits.