Love me some model 70

Savagehunter

21 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

The bottom picture IS  my  M 70 Lightweight, which is my killing machine..Mine just happens to be chambered in >280 rem, and of course it wears a more sensible scope....Currently a Leupold fixed 6X x 36 MM...Before that a leupold  4X  33MM...

Did I miss the pics :(

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

The bottom picture IS  my  M 70 Lightweight, which is my killing machine..Mine just happens to be chambered in >280 rem, and of course it wears a more sensible scope....Currently a Leupold fixed 6X x 36 MM...Before that a leupold  4X  33MM...

Mine  is 06 and will have a Vx3i  just got

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I just meant to say that the 3rd one is just like the one I own in .280...

I was just joking about the scope....Many of the posters here are aware that I am fond of high quality fixed power scopes..

Jeff...Can you get Genny down there in TN..??

No but it seemed fitting for the occasion. Lol

• Like 1

Back around 1988, I bought my M70  Lightweight in .280 rem.   I figured it was the only centerfire rifle I would ever need..

Actually it IS, although I have had quite a few others since then..

It has the laminate stock like Savagehunter's rifle, which I consider quite attractive.

It has a very smooth action, and a nicely tuned trigger, thanks to a local gunsmith.

While it has never been a tackdriver  ( it groups appx 1.5 " to 2" at 100 yards)  it has been a stone cold killer for me..It has killed a big Alaskan bull moose,  two mule deer bucks, a pronghorn, ten caribou, and about 15 whitetails at ranges out to 400 yards..

If I had to part with all my other rifles, it is the one I would keep..

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Back around 1988, I bought my M70  Lightweight in .280 rem.   I figured it was the only centerfire rifle I would ever need..

Actually it IS, although I have had quite a few others since then..

It has the laminate stock like Savagehunter's rifle, which I consider quite attractive.

It has a very smooth action, and a nicely tuned trigger, thanks to a local gunsmith.

While it has never been a tackdriver  ( it groups appx 1.5 " to 2" at 100 yards)  it has been a stone cold killer for me..It has killed a big Alaskan bull moose,  two mule deer bucks, a pronghorn, ten caribou, and about 15 whitetails at ranges out to 400 yards..

If I had to part with all my other rifles, it is the one I would keep..

Mine I just got 2 months ago have t shot yet but she is at gunsmiths now having channel opened and trigger done . It fondled enough before. Bringing to smith to know she carries and points like dream

• Like 1