Who all hunts with a handgun ?

rob-c

On 9/18/2017 at 5:46 PM, airedale said:

Back when I first got my permit I went handgun hunting nuts and for a period used only a handgun for everything I hunted except for birds.I bought and tried a bunch of handguns, settled for the most part using a 6 1/2 inch S&W model 29 44 mag and a 6 inch Colt Python for Deer hunting, for small game I used the Python some but mostly a Colt Woodsman 22 autoloader and a S&W model 17 22. I took several deer with the big revolvers and a ton of small game with the 22s mostly Rabbits Chucks and Coons. As I got older and my eyes started going down hill I went back to long guns for most hunting but still play around with a couple of handguns now and then. What I am using these days is a Desert Eagle in 44 mag with a hard chrome finish and I still have my old S&W 17 22 which is my favorite, I used it one year for bullseye target shooting, it has been the handgun I have used most and it has taken a lot of small game.

Al

So envious of that Python. 

On 9/25/2017 at 8:46 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Kenai holster just arrived. Didn't adjust straps yet. Going to get it to ride a little higher in the chest. Will be nice to simply unzip outer jacket and there she sits. Pretty happy with it. 45e93a82139659a14914ccba92f7d47e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice set up , wife and I use bandolier holsters and yes it is very nice having it right on the chest. Super easy walking and climbing  into tree stands.