Rail Systems for 30 30 Scope ?

hey man good to see you again my expierence with older 94 i had a few[i really get off watching the rifleman even as a kid love the gun] its better to sidemount the scope its closer to your eye relief like shooting a rifle mounted normally but what i found is that you have to get use to having your cheek a little higher on the stock like shooting with see thru sights. i got my eight pointer with a '75 model 94 w/ a sidemounted scope.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2017 at 9:15 AM, GreeneHunter said:

I looked into putting a rail system for a scope on my old Winchester '93  30-30 top eject  ! Anybody have any experience with these guys ?

http://mod94scoperail.com/

Why ruin the sleek lines and handling of a classic lever gun when the ranges that the cartridge is capable of are easily handled with (good) metallic sights? Why not upgrade to a receiver sight with a large aperture for quick target acquisition?

On 9/16/2017 at 0:52 PM, Buckmaster7600 said:

Not a 94 but a 92 clone. I am a huge colonel cooper fan but I just can't get my head around the scout scope idea after a few tries on different guns. fd692d33ee5992d7a70179f85fe19feb.jpg

If you decide to do it I will sell you that Burris scout scope for pretty reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what's the eye relief on that Burris?

On 9/9/2017 at 9:12 AM, Gencountyzeek said:

Very nice marlin 336, jm stamp barrel. With scope. Some clear flaking ogf on butt stock. FFL transfer. $425 obo.

20170828_163517.jpg

20170828_163556.jpg

20170828_163529.jpg

20170828_163559.jpg

I would see if this is still available and buy it if you want a scope on a lever.  A side-eject Marlin 336 beats the heck out of top eject Winchester 94 for that.   If I was in your shoes, I would also keep the Winchester with the open sights for rain/snow conditions when a scope don't work so well.    

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

It can be done this way too but you have to roll the scope so windage adjusts elevation and visa versa

yeah thats a side mounted scope but see what i was saying you have to get use to shooting it higher than with the iron sights or a scope mounted low like the marlin what i did was i rested my jaw against the stock 5'' groups @ 100yrds is as good as it gets with any Winchester 30-30

yeah thats a side mounted scope but see what i was saying you have to get use to shooting it higher than with the iron sights or a scope mounted low like the marlin what i did was i rested my jaw against the stock 5'' groups @ 100yrds is as good as it gets with any Winchester 30-30

Have you tried the hornady flex tip Ammo? It's darn good stuff compared to the blunt noses ones.

I'm curious .... how well would those flex tip's work when they are in the Winchester 94 magazine - which is not a magazine (tip to back) ?

That's what they are designed for. The tip is a soft gummy rubber that is designed for tubular magazines. In my 30-30's they shoot awesome but I haven't been impressed with their terminal performance.

1 hour ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

That's what they are designed for. The tip is a soft gummy rubber that is designed for tubular magazines. In my 30-30's they shoot awesome but I haven't been impressed with their terminal performance.

I only had my 94 as a back up of one for folks to use if their rifle went south. I shot one box of these at the range and they grouped much better than the blunt nosed, even out to 200 yards. They were never shot at deer. That is disappointing to hear. 

I only had my 94 as a back up of one for folks to use if their rifle went south. I shot one box of these at the range and they grouped much better than the blunt nosed, even out to 200 yards. They were never shot at deer. That is disappointing to hear. 

Only killed 1 deer with them. My grandfather gave me his Winchester so I figured I should kill a deer with it. 160lb buck quartering at me hit I'm in the shoulder what was left of the bullet was in the hide opposite side the part I found only weighed like 40gns. I know a lot of others love the bullets but my only experience was unacceptable and I won't use again.

3 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Only killed 1 deer with them. My grandfather gave me his Winchester so I figured I should kill a deer with it. 160lb buck quartering at me hit I'm in the shoulder what was left of the bullet was in the hide opposite side the part I found only weighed like 40gns. I know a lot of others love the bullets but my only experience was unacceptable and I won't use again.

I have 10 boxes of lever revolution just waiting.  Been using the federal and it has been accurate so haven't changed yet.  Maybe I won't. 

Edited by moog5050

i got an old 94 and no scope just seems like its not meant for it i keep mine for close shooting brush or deer drives love that lil gun shot a number of deer with it never had an issue with dropping them quickly.