Fisher

Cabin Fever

Yeah because we don't want any animals doing what they're suppose to do in the wild... survive.kolobok_mda.gif
I hate reading guys who post kill them all wether coyote or Fisher or porkys they are all awesome animals and serve a purpose. Don't kill them all...maintain the population as outdoorsman should

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

2 hours ago, sethf11 said:

They will eat turkey eggs. Kill em all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skunks, coons, and possums eat far more turkey eggs because they are MUCH more numerous than fishers...You can add crows and ravens to that also, as well as some other predators such as foxes and coyotes..

Even in areas where fishers are common, there are not very many of them.....Their numbers tend to be square miles per animal, rather than animals per square mile...Like other predators, they are opportunists and will eat some turkey eggs, and probably some adult turkeys as well, but their numbers are not high enough to have a significant effect on the turkey populations...

• Like 11

3 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

I hate reading guys who post kill them all wether coyote or Fisher or porkys they are all awesome animals and serve a purpose. Don't kill them all...maintain the population as outdoorsman should

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Exactly! If you want to trap as many as is legal during the trapping season, great. But, "Kill 'em all" because they eat turkey eggs? It's statements like that which make it hard to have an intelligent, informative conversation among friends about a pretty cool critter. Sorry to interrupt a good thread, but that kind of ignorant crap irks the hell out of me. Carry on.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, left field said:

Imagine how many turkeys you could shoot if you killed all the turkey hunters. Better get busy.

that is against the word of God.

'course He doesn't say you can't shoot them in the guts with a 22 short....I shoot at the prairie dog hunters with 22s, it's fun as hell

Here's a big un a friends son legally trapped 422cd534928ca61923b8c0ddae2dd329.jpg
Do I like they kill turkeys off the roost , no  . Do I hate them , no. It's the food chain Dislike them no more, no less than deer killing coyotes. It's a fact of life. They're called predators for a reason. Nature will be nature .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 4

my thinking is thin them out to make the woods safe for other critters,

there are some animals that we should try to wipe out,  like turkeys for instance.

one turkey eats as much food as 13 grouse, so a whole flock of turkeys are taking the place of probably 1,278 ruffed grouse, without those turkeys the woods would be full of grouse.

I prefer hunting grouse and eating them too over turkeys

the stinking things turn my stomach and they aren't great eating either.

I shoot every turkey I see in the gut with a 22 short,

turkey season I just say im woodchuck hunting and in fall I say im shooting red squirrels, all winter too, and then when i call  turkey in or see a flock I lay into them with the 22 shorts.

in a couple years NY should see fantastic grouse numbers and you have me to thank!  you're welcome.

without the turkeys the fisher should starve and again, you are welcome! ;)