Erie county pistol permit holders

BigVal

One guy I know just got his concealed carry. 18 months and he did have an interview with the chief of police in town. Another friend just got his after 15 months. Target hunting and no contact from the town or interview. Have your references been called yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DIYhunter said:

One guy I know just got his concealed carry. 18 months and he did have an interview with the chief of police in town. Another friend just got his after 15 months. Target hunting and no contact from the town or interview. Have your references been called yet?

Yes my references we're called about a month ago 

I waited for almost 2 years before I was declined. Judge sent me a letter hat said due to a DWAI 23 years ago was the reason. Talk to a police buddy of mine in Amherst he said there are literally hundreds on his desk. Anytime they can just decline ya Erie county is the hardest to get in the last few years .. He told me to fight it but my time is more valuable than jerking around 

• Like 1

So he got it in 18 months with no restrictions? Thought in Erie county you needed restrictions for a few years before can apply to have them removed?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, mlammerhirt said:

So he got it in 18 months with no restrictions? Thought in Erie county you needed restrictions for a few years before can apply to have them removed?

Correct (Erie county). The instructor of the permit class he took told him that he could go for unrestricted right away if he wanted, which is kind of ironic because when I got my permit a few years ago they told me to get target/hunting for a few years and then apply for unrestricted. I'm not aware of anything that prevents you from applying for unrestricted immediately.

I guess I should call them , but I'll ask,here. Daughter has permit from Monroe (4 months btw ) we only issue full unrestricted carry, no interviews, classes or other bs.

Say she moved to Erie, I heard that they can't overrule first county, so,they just issue the same right off to a transplant .

Retrictions are just an administration thing and not any law you're bound by, the judge adds say hunting / target only . You still can legally carry it , he may revoke it if he finds out that's it .

• Like 1

I submitted mine late November 2016 everyone was interviewed by phone July 19th -20th 2017 and I have not heard anything since then. I am also applying for full carry right away. Based on what I have heard recently I have at least another 1-2 months of waiting which would put me right around 12 months total from start to finish. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/19/2017 at 1:30 PM, mlammerhirt said:

What town? Around 12 months is like pulling a rabbit out of your hat in Erie county now a days

Sorry Amherst, not sure how I missed that. I brought it back for an update, still waiting. 

Any county which has a large urban city,as Buffalo/Erie or Rochester/Monroe are extremely slow and usually don’t give out full carry permits on first application,unless you work for or own some kind of business that would constitute the full carry.Thats the way it was explained to me 18 yrs ago.