Erie county pistol permit holders

BigVal

On December 7, 2017 at 8:36 AM, 52 farmer said:

Any county which has a large urban city,as Buffalo/Erie or Rochester/Monroe are extremely slow and usually don’t give out full carry permits on first application,unless you work for or own some kind of business that would constitute the full carry.Thats the way it was explained to me 18 yrs ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

Monroe County only "gives out " unrestricted carry, my Daughters only took 3/4 months .

Ive heard Roch . and the County are both pretty caught up now .

Got mine just a couple months ago took 11 months total. My friend who submitted 1 month after me has not heard anything at all and he is now at a year. It seems like there is no consistency in Erie County. At the very least all his references should have been contacted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think of the applications as sitting in a stack of them , yours comes in when the stack is tall and gets put on top ,then the stack get sent to,the next part of the process .

A week later your buddies comes in and the stack is short and his sits until the stack is large .

From my experience , as a reference many,many times , as well  as having two cop friends , one SD who does backgrounds and another city cop who revokes permits as part of his job , calling references is a final step . But it can then sit on a judges desk for some time . 

Oh and they don't have to call all the references , my daughter they only called three out of the four and my Deputy friend said he just needs to reach 2/4 .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

Just got home and had a letter waiting
 The day finally came and I was granted my permit. It's for Target and hunting, I will apply for unrestricted in a year or so and maybe get it. 
Really happy!
Congrats! Rumor I heard is that the judge in Erie county who will remove those restrictions looks to see if you have had the permit for multiple years.....but what the heck..... the worst thing that can happen is you get denied and try again later.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congrats . Try taking a class or two that may help you , also restrictions are administrative only . You were issued a carry permit , some judges put their own restrictions on them , but you have a carry permit . 

You Would not be breaking any law by carring it other times , however the judge will revoke it if he finds out .

You're young , you may want to just play the game ,take some classes , wait, a bit and try to get them removed .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BigVal said:

Just got home and had a letter waiting

The day finally came and I was granted my permit. It's for Target and hunting, I will apply for unrestricted in a year or so and maybe get it. 

Really happy!

Whatcha thinking of buying to put on it ?   I have a few if you'd like to go shooting up at Wolcotts some night as I know you're local  Maybe get a feel for what you like 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Whatcha thinking of buying to put on it ?   I have a few if you'd like to go shooting up at Wolcotts some night as I know you're local  Maybe get a feel for what you like 

Awesome thanks for the info guys! 

I'm now researching what exactly I want for my first purchase, I had a while ago but started to think it wouldn't happen lol. And thanks alot for the offer turkey feathers I will definitely be in touch, and try to open up an evening to do some shooting.

• Like 1