Breakfast of Champions

Jdubs

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

4f5a9924a55012c3ee163dbeeb1c6717.jpgIm on a corned beef hash kick, love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You have to corn a venison roast!  Awesome and very easy to do.  Tell your butcher to save you both football roasts.  

I don’t like the sweetness of it.

I have not had “CantStandYas” but I did try a recipe once that called for “Log Cabin” type syrup- WAY TOO SWEET.
Chef and I used the same recipe recently with some modifications. I used the natural syrup this time and was much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Otto said:

You have to corn a venison roast!  Awesome and very easy to do.  Tell your butcher to save you both football roasts.  

10 hours ago, crappyice said:

Yup...I really enjoyed it when I did it

I prefer the dog food version from a can lol. When a restaurant says "we make our CBH in house!" I say "wonderful! Ill have bacon please."

12 hours ago, 46rkl said:

Y’all are killing me with this thread! I love a great breakfast but in reality it only happens 2-3 times a year. Typical breakfast? Greek yogurt with some cut up fruit and a small glass of OJ. The trade off is that I’m 48 pounds lighter than when I retired 7 years ago.  I feel better and can spend a few weeks a year hiking around in the Rockies chasing elk, mulies, or just enjoying the scenery. A good del most days but when I look at the breakfasts posted here.......

on hunting days this is my meal for the day.  In the morn I dont really eat anything , just a cup of coffee.  Then after the morning hunt i have a good breakfast and then by the time i get done with the afternoon hunt its usually getting late anyway.  Breakfast is my favorite meal so it works out! 

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

I have not had “CantStandYas” but I did try a recipe once that called for “Log Cabin” type syrup- WAY TOO SWEET.
Chef and I used the same recipe recently with some modifications. I used the natural syrup this time and was much better.

766AA749-4555-4AC6-A642-07FC1B68F361.jpeg

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

been making an apple breakfast sausage with venison and it has become my favorite.  Spices from the amish and then add in some applesauce or cider.  I do like the constanzas products a lot.  But i have a hangup that most of their mixes are more pork than venison.  I want venison sausage not sausage with venison.  Lol.  They do like a 40/60, I do a 60/40 or at least a 50/50.  Dont get me wrong their stuff tastes great and is s great product.  Its just mostly in my mind. 

My hunting buddy gets mad when someone tells him "this stuff is great, doesnt even taste like venison"  he says then what the hell am i hunting for - I want it to taste like venison! lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

been making an apple breakfast sausage with venison and it has become my favorite.  Spices from the amish and then add in some applesauce or cider.  I do like the constanzas products a lot.  But i have a hangup that most of their mixes are more pork than venison.  I want venison sausage not sausage with venison.  Lol.  They do like a 40/60, I do a 60/40 or at least a 50/50.  Dont get me wrong their stuff tastes great and is s great product.  Its just mostly in my mind. 

My hunting buddy gets mad when someone tells him "this stuff is great, doesnt even taste like venison"  he says then what the hell am i hunting for - I want it to taste like venison! lol 

This is how I feel with ground venison.  I like ground venison without suet added.  I also feel the same about breakfast sausage, I like regular country pan style, nothing added to it with sweet flavors.  I guess I have never liked sweet, unless it was an actual dessert.  Same thing with ham, or those nasty sweet potato casserole dishes with the marshmallows melted on them, cannot do it.  If I want sweet just frisbee me over that punkkkin pie! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bionic said:

This is how I feel with ground venison.  I like ground venison without suet added.  I also feel the same about breakfast sausage, I like regular country pan style, nothing added to it with sweet flavors.  I guess I have never liked sweet, unless it was an actual dessert.  Same thing with ham, or those nasty sweet potato casserole dishes with the marshmallows melted on them, cannot do it.  If I want sweet just frisbee me over that punkkkin pie! 

i add in bacon to my ground for some added fat.  2 lbs of bacon into 10 #'s of venison works well for burgers. 

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i add in bacon to my ground for some added fat.  2 lbs of bacon into 10 #'s of venison works well for burgers. 

I remember you saying that, I have told guy’s i know about that as well.  Still prefer without, I’m an odd one. 

1 hour ago, Bionic said:

This year I'm getting plain breakfast sausage, no sugar. I want to do a month of "whole 30" again and Ill hammer that every morning

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I have a 4 Mile Hike today on the Heritage Trail.

Southren Grits with Cinnamon + Raw Honey.  I Love my Grits. I think, I am a Southren Man at Heart.

20201106_085914.jpg

Whenever I am down south I always have to have grits...every...single..morning...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

Last time, I had Grits Down South it was back in 2004 and, I was down in Franklin,TN for a Spring Turkey Hunt.

I stopped into a Waffle House.   Plenty of Waffle Houses in TN that serve up Grits.

Coinkydink.  Last time I had it was at a Waffle House in Chattanooga, TN.

• Thanks 1