Breakfast of Champions

Jdubs

Jdubs, I have been hooked on 2 fried eggs, with the yoke slightly gelled, on a lightly toasted everything bagel, with drops of RedHot. Tastey, and doesnt weigh me down as if I added a sausage patty, or bacon to it, or cheese.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Jdubs, I have been hooked on 2 fried eggs, with the yoke slightly gelled, on a lightly toasted everything bagel, with drops of RedHot. Tastey, and doesnt weigh me down as if I added a sausage patty, or bacon to it, or cheese.

Love it! :good: I'm a 3-4 egg guy and that fist-sized meal sets me up for success the rest of the day.  Bacon usually depends on whether or not there's any left in the house...it goes quick here. :haha:

• Like 1

I reserve my favorite breakfasts for when I occasionally go to a restaurant. Then it is two eggs over medium, a double order of wheat toast and a whole pile of homefries. And if the wife has any egg or toast or potatoes left over, I glom them up too.

At home it is 2-cups of low carb bran flakes or a couple of eggs and two slices of low carb toast. Carb count at all meals is 60 grams of carbs, max. (a diabetic's diet set up a bunch of years ago by a dietician). It works.

• Like 2

When I was a young guy, I had a buddy that called this the breakfast of champions. We lost touch years ago, last time I heard he was living in a van in his sister's backyard.
579a108188e4a7d9068bb49f-750.png.3363b89e743304e4f72c4520f656a949.png

Every once and again we used to hit “Kegs and Eggs” at O’Flatts (or was it Daps) near Siena College back in the day. Truly a breakfast of champions for college kids.
Best breakfast (maybe meal) was in Gallway at a local pub having an Irishi breakfast (sausage, blood puddings, etc) and a few Guinness to wash it down. That’s a breakfast that kept me full until dinner!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Paula said:

Hang over food

IMG_20180825_093733678.jpg

That look's fantastic.i just got hungry again thankyou.A good bloody merry to wash down.That should cure a hangover or start another.

Edited by Dom
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bowl of cheerios this morning. No milk, so I poured in a bit of Old Milwaukee. Somebody once called that beerios.

I should add that I had been up writing since about 10:30 last night so this was more like dinner for me. Not sure this really helps my image at all.  Especially buying the OM at 10 am from the gas station. :sorry: The staff know I work nights and don't hassle me about it, but I get some weird looks from the customers. :pleasantry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, philoshop said:

Bowl of cheerios this morning. No milk, so I poured in a bit of Old Milwaukee. Somebody once called that beerios.

I should add that I had been up writing since about 10:30 last night so this was more like dinner for me. Not sure this really helps my image at all.  Especially buying the OM at 10 am from the gas station. :sorry: The staff know I work nights and don't hassle me about it, but I get some weird looks from the customers. :pleasantry:

You are a funny guy!

• Like 1

Thanks Paula! :airkiss: I'm not kidding about any of it either. Truth is way funnier than the stuff I can make up.

I'm actually thinking about switching from political commentary to straight comedy. It really doesn't involve more than shifting a few words and phrases in what I write. :sorry: That's something scary to think about. I can publish a serious piece in the morning and with very minor changes make it a satirical piece in the afternoon. I won't do that, of course, but it speaks to where we are in the current discourse that it can so easily be done. God help us all.

• Like 1

You are my new hero

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dadding hard this morning.  Running tight on schedule taking my 4 yr old daughter to pre-school. Heated up yesterday leftovers from breakfast in a rubbermaid container to bring with us. It was part of a cheese and bacon ends omelet. special circumstance had to put the car seat back in the truck. so my daughter ate that while dealing with her seat. part way she was done so i finished the rest of the now cold leftover breakfast. after dropping her off i stopped at a bakery and got donuts for the office. obviously i had one. hot meals are for the weekends i guess. lol

• Like 1