Velvet or no?

Perry136

cf7410d6bcaeecb9ed4d570186c5050d.jpg

So I've never forgot my roots, meat has always been the most important thing to me. But the past couple years I've past a few 2-1/2 year olds which was really weird. But just curious to see what people thought of this guy. He's def a shooter I know. But hard to tell if he's still in velvet. With his belly, how old yea think he is and what would he score? I know the velvet can be deceiving. This was about a week and a half ago and the only pic I have of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Man that is tough, the right side looks like no velvet but the left screams velvet with the soft edges but could just be the camera. He is a brute and I would guess 4.5 years old and around 130" if hard horned 120" if in velvet. If that's velvet he will loose some of that mass. I am leaning towards velvet because of the same shade of color as his body.

Unfortunately I don't have any more pics of this guy. It was taken on the worst camera I have that won't take burst of 3 like my other cams. Just hard to tell, the velvet just makes a deer have 20+ more inches of antler it seems. I actually put on of my better cams over there when I saw him so hopefully he sticks around. Also have a couple bear running by this stand. I'll see if I can post them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Perry136 said:

5c5176f1be6d539ff6f1ae5487dfdd6e.jpg6c472d56697184eff17176263110b506.jpg

The first photo with he bear is a nice one. Bet he is around the 200lbs. range. I'm guessing this camera is the dark cloak or something similar. I have the same/similar camera but only use the video function because of the single picture option unless it's on a food plot the deer stick around.

Thank you, but I think yogi and boo boo get passes. As cool as it would be to shoot one, I just don't like the meat all that much. Not sure if it was the bear or the cook but I think I'd rather so them walking through the woods.

• Like 1