Interesting broadhead find.

TurtleFace

5 hours ago, TurtleFace said:

Unless I'm mistaken, I think I remember seeing these in my dad's gear maybe 25 years ago. 142 grain and not a spot of rust, the blades are a collar that spin freely/independent of the tip. Has anyone used these?

20170914_063211.jpg

Yep, used them for a couple seasons, think there is still  nicked up one around somewhere.

used bear heads and brutes and nother heavy 2 blade, darned if I can think of its name.

I tried those out when I got my first compound it was either  bear black bear or polar bear, felt like someone smacked the riser with  rubber mallet when you shot it. it worked though, was child's play having a bow with let off, felt like cheting, sights on it, metal arrows, and thse broadheads.  flew ok, I never was impressed with the penetration out of that old bear bow

went back to the long bow and then recurve and bear heads.

I remember right those blades broke easy on me.

Killed a bunch of deer with Razorback 5's. Worked very well.

I remember I wounded a doe first week of bow. Late that gun season I filled a doe tag. The unmistakable 5 bladed wound through both ribs and almost no fat on her has me convinced it was the same doe.  Everyone that seen the deer couldn't believe she survived based on where the entrance and exit wounds were.  

Switched broadheads for the following season. 

My first two archery deer were taken with the 5 blade version. Tips unscrewed and you could replace the whole spinning cartridge.  Back when I took my bow course the instructor showed us a square frame that had nails around the perimeter of it and so many rubber bands stretched from nail to nail across the frame that is was a solid wall of rubber bands.  he had two of these. through one frame he shot a 4 blade Razorbak and as you imagine some rubber bands cut and flew off the frame. then he shot a Razorbak 5 through and the rubber bands really flew off.  his point was that with an even number of blades you could run through muscle and not cut the muscle fibers. He felt this led to diminished blood trails and lost deer. His advice was stick with 3 or 5 blade heads. made sense with his demonstration and i have never veered away from that right or wrong. 

Anyway. that is why I shot the Razorbak 5's...lol