Mid 80's this weekend!!! UGH!!

Iluvracks1359

I'm loving this weather ! If it would stay hot this long every year , then other then  taxes I'd consider staying in NY .

Trust me , you'll all be freezing in your stand before you know it , posting questions on keeping feet warm and best base layers .....

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I'm loving this weather ! If it would stay hot this long every year , then other then  taxes I'd consider staying in NY .

Trust me , you'll all be freezing in your stand before you know it , posting questions on keeping feet warm and best base layers .....

I've figured out ways to stay warm on stand Larry, not so much to stay cool though. Think snow!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

The more I get to hunt in a t-shirt; the less I like hunting in cold.

• Like 2

I've retreated to my living room for the rest of the day. Still drying some of my camo on the porch and finished a trim piece of the deck earlier. Soaked 2 t shirts in sweat. I still have a 10 hr shift to go to tonight so I'm done for the day. Other than packing the last few pieces of camo away when they dry I'm not going anywhere near that heat lol.

Can't wait to be in my treestand Sunday morning in the low 40s. It's gonna feel amazing!!

50 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Who was it that post a pic of themselves hunting with no shirt last year ? Even think it was gun season to boot. Some hairy sasquatch looking guy.

I posted a pic of my bare feet last year , out of courtesy no shirtless pics .

OMG I went to trim the swamp stand...I have a raging head ache about died coming back up the hill but dang it should be a good stand...
one problem another new freaking neighbor...Hunters and granted posted signs not too bad except right by the swamp several yrds up on our place and both my signs and Aron's (old owner) were CLEARLY visible....stopping by their place this week...Ohh want to guess about my sign...2/3 's missing and I just redid them with the expensive metal ones...:mda:

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

If Sunday is mid 60's I'll probably wear pants just because I haven't washed any shorts in unscented detergent. But top-wise, I'll probably just go t-shirt and backwards hat. I'm hunting on the ground in heavy cover, so by the time a nice buck deer sees me it has already been double lunged.

5 minutes ago, growalot said:

OMG I went to trim the swamp stand...I have a raging head ache about died coming back up the hill but dang it should be a good stand...
one problem another new freaking neighbor...Hunters and granted posted signs not too bad except right by the swamp several yrds up on our place and both my signs and Aron's (old owner) were CLEARLY visible....stopping by their place this week...Ohh want to guess about my sign...2/3 's missing and I just redid them with the expensive metal ones...:mda:

slash their tires...(just kidding...)

Nah.... I'll just go say hey..... let them know the good relationship Aron and I had and give them my # and ask for theirs...once thats done I will say Oh I was checking my signs and see some need replacing and others "must have blown away" when I noticed most of your signs are good except one particular one...could you move it or I can for you when I'm down hunting......This will roll in his true colors and we'll go from there:wink:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merlot said:

slash their tires...(just kidding...)

That's not funny man, we had that happen to us during duck season in Canada years ago. The ducks kept coming our way and the guys down the river a ways didn't like it and slashed the tires on our boat trailer. Me I wanted to handle it my own way, which was to drag them out of their blind and drown them in the river, but the other guys stopped me before I could do it. We ended up calling the cops and they admitted to doing it because all the ducks kept going to us and they didn't like it.  

4 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

they have words to describe folks like you.... snow birds.

• Like 1

i'll be out regardless.  if it's too hot i'll just be in a ground blind in black heat gear with a thermacell... spot where i can see a lot just downwind from where deer are piling into ag fields and not right on top of them.  first thing in the morning and late evening.  i've got a nice funnel to a pond for mid day.  i'm ready.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, growalot said:

Nah.... I'll just go say hey..... let them know the good relationship Aron and I had and give them my # and ask for theirs...once thats done I will say Oh I was checking my signs and see some need replacing and others "must have blown away" when I noticed most of your signs are good except one particular one...could you move it or I can for you when I'm down hunting......This will roll in his true colors and we'll go from there:wink:

A better way to word it would be to ask what they use to hold their signs to the trees because the darndest thing happen,all my sign must have blown down and yours are still up.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wfmiller said:

That's not funny man, we had that happen to us during duck season in Canada years ago. The ducks kept coming our way and the guys down the river a ways didn't like it and slashed the tires on our boat trailer. Me I wanted to handle it my own way, which was to drag them out of their blind and drown them in the river, but the other guys stopped me before I could do it. We ended up calling the cops and they admitted to doing it because all the ducks kept going to us and they didn't like it.  

jesus. and now that your boat tires are out of air the ducks will change their pattern? we hunters and humans are so ridiculous sometimes. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

I don't know about that.  You can always layer up when it's cold out.  Sweating your butt off while carrying your gear, and potentially meat, through the woods, having to deal with flies and the heat while field dressing, having all this green vegetation restricting your view...I'll take a cold, snowy day over a humid, hot one for deer hunting.

• Like 1