Cancellation last minute Bear hunt

north560

Due to a border crossing problem,we have had a last minute cancellation for the 2017 Fall Black bear hunt for our American friends.

Offering the hunt at a reduced rate, basic hunt 925./per person, should you want meals add another $200, boat $150 per person.Can accommodate group from 4 to 8 Hunters.Please call for more information Gow-Bush-Kon Lodge Gowganda Ontario Canada 1-705-624-2301

Here's a picture from our spring hunt.

DSCF9003.JPG

2 hours ago, north560 said:

Due to a border crossing problem,we have had a last minute cancellation for the 2017 Fall Black bear hunt for our American friends.

Offering the hunt at a reduced rate, basic hunt 925./per person, should you want meals add another $200, boat $150 per person.Can accommodate group from 4 to 8 Hunters.Please call for more information Gow-Bush-Kon Lodge Gowganda Ontario Canada 1-705-624-2301

Here's a picture from our spring hunt.

DSCF9003.JPG

Just to clarify, there is no discount here? the prices you quoted appear to be your standard prices.

51 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Come on Biz. He's giving you $50 off of the meal package.  That's Canadian so about $40 discount. 

Guy`s  play all you want, current prices not yet reflected(for particular outfitter) on web site are much higher, than this discounted price, but that is far from the problem, you see The MNR,( your DNR)  here in Ontario Canada are trying, in fact are succeeding in Limiting the number of Non Resident Hunters,IE: our American Friends that can hunt in Ontario at a licenced Outfitter, who issue the "form 33`s" that make your licence legal, by limiting the number of form 33`s each Outfitter is issued, if the forms are not used in any given season, they are taken away, never to be re-issued , thus if not made use of these form 33`s will be lost for all Ontario Outfitters, not just a few. As demand goes up, so will the prices, or you will be driven to hunt in Quebec, and then watch out, if you thought Ontario was tough. This offer was/is a legitimate offer with no up sell, or games to be played, enjoy, Good Hunting Culvercreek, and all concerned

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Just to clarify, there is no discount here? the prices you quoted appear to be your standard prices.

Prices subject to change without notice as per web site, have increased, yet to be reflected in web site. So wait and see. There are lots of places to Hunt, but soon, Ontario will not be that place, except for a very few. Hind site is always 20/20 so good luck, just trying to help, and make our American friends aware. It is what it is, the rest will be fodder for stories around the camp fire. We have legitimate space for 12 to 14 Hunters, Use it or loose it. Very best regards Good Hunting May all your Bulls, not be stories.

10 minutes ago, north560 said:

Prices subject to change without notice as per web site, have increased, yet to be reflected in web site. So wait and see. There are lots of places to Hunt, but soon, Ontario will not be that place, except for a very few. Hind site is always 20/20 so good luck, just trying to help, and make our American friends aware. It is what it is, the rest will be fodder for stories around the camp fire. We have legitimate space for 12 to 14 Hunters, Use it or loose it. Very best regards Good Hunting May all your Bulls, not be stories.

I was just joking around about the exchange rate.

Yeah. I had asked what week the cancellation was in? You said you has a last minute cancellation. You never said when it was. 

To me the most important part of dealing with an outfitter is honesty. And while it may have just been communication issues, the comments about discounts and price increases and then talking about a bunch more openings leaves me concerns in this area. 

I am not familiar with eh 33's you are talking about but the times I went to Ontario bear hunting the licenses were over the counter. Has that changed?

• Like 3

Licences are over the counter at many retail places, or from Outfitters, however to make that licence legal for non-resident Hunters, the form 33 must be completed by the Outfitter , and the non-resident must be a guest of a licensed Outfitter,  and Hunting with-in a specific Bear Management Area only. Unlike an Ontario resident not needing a form # 33  and able to hunt any where he likes. As I said, MNR (government) in Ontario is/will limit the number of American, and/or non-resident hunters , so use it or loose it is all I`am saying, as stated we had Americans booked that had group(some one in the group) border crossing issues, just trying to do the best we can for all concerned

Enlighten us on weapons.
Minimum & maximum caliber, amount of ammo suggested
Bolt or semi auto- what is allowed, I though Canada was a little squirrelly about bringing firearms into their country
Normal shot range- info for sights or scope recomended
Normal weather temperatures for clothing needed, ie, camouflage needed, blaze orange needed?

And what week/dates specifically are the vacancies in?

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

Look you seem like nice people, just trying to give everybody a heads up, and hopefully make a living in the process. If message from Tacc is inquiry questions.  weapons Screaming Eagle, or cross bow, or compound bow, 0r rifle not less that 270 cal. up to 308 cal. bolt or semi allowed, shot range for bow is from 21 t0 32 yards, same for gun .but can be increased to desired distance. Hope this helps 

13 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

Cancelling safari trip ASAP; can use trophy fee funds for this.

You in?

You cancel YOUR trip for this and I'll buy for you, me and Pygmy.

The big decision then is going to be what scope am I putting on my bow?  Deciding between cartridges would be just too much drama if I chose to take a long gun.

Maybe I'll just do that hunt with a pistol........................THAT'd be a hoot, eh??

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You cancel YOUR trip for this and I'll buy for you, me and Pygmy.

The big decision then is going to be what scope am I putting on my bow?  Deciding between cartridges would be just too much drama if I chose to take a long gun.

Maybe I'll just do that hunt with a pistol........................THAT'd be a hoot, eh??

Pygmy mounts a Schmidt & Bender pmii 5-25x 56 on his bow and you're on.

• Like 3