Subaru ?

Nomad

On 9/19/2017 at 4:33 PM, ckprax said:

I have a 2000 outback with 200k miles and while it is reliable, good in snow and fine for hauling deer I can't wait to get rid of it. I have a toddler and it is a pain getting her in and out. Car seats are so big now and my 2 year old is the size of a 5 year old so it's cramped back there. We will likely sell it this winter and get a Highlander or another Rav4.

I had a 2006 Outback and got rid of it for that very reason- area in the back was just too small for a car seat...loved the car, though, and planned to drive it til it died.

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I not only wear cargo shorts, but I also wear cargo khakis to work. I have a pair on right now in fact. Maybe Ill go play a quick 9 holes at lunch....

You won't be allowed out. I just checked Irondequoit's website:

Men:  Sleeved golf shirts with collars or mock turtlenecks should be worn at all times with the shirt tucked in.  Slacks, or golf shorts of appropriate length (no more than 2” above the top of the knee) are acceptable.  Tee-shirts, tank tops, cargo shorts with non-flush pockets, walking shorts, denim, and swimwear are not acceptable.

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Men:  Sleeved golf shirts with collars or mock turtlenecks should be worn at all times with the shirt tucked in.  Slacks, or golf shorts of appropriate length (no more than 2” above the top of the knee) are acceptable.  Tee-shirts, tank tops, cargo shorts with non-flush pockets, walking shorts, denim, and swimwear are not acceptable.

Customer who owns place wife and I got married at 20 years ago was just in. Playing Irondequoit tomorrow. Nice track !

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I dont play there. Ive played a ton of courses in the Rochester area, always in cargo shorts, and never had anyone say a word. Most guys that I play golf with wear them. As long as you have a collar and sleeves, youre fine. Mind you, I have never played a private course.

I even have a pair of FootJoy golf sandals that I wear with the cargo shorts sometimes :)

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

A thong was always my best defensive strategy during a golf outing, especially on the green. Just when you get an edge, they take it away... ;-]

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I've mentioned before but that's how I wear mine when I jump on a trampoline  

6 minutes ago, philoshop said:

Left break/right break was always a consideration if I recall. It was many years ago, and it was more about the drinking with friends than the golf.

4 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I'm gonna throw up

In all seriousness, isn't this what they call upstate a "best ball" tournament?

Sorry WNY.

Back to the OP. I've driven a few Subarus on the road and was always pretty impressed. They feel pretty solid and handle well once you get used to the front engine AWD characteristics. Same goes for the little bit of off-road I did in a banged-up WRX that a friend owns. I walked away thinking, wow.

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Customer who owns place wife and I got married at 20 years ago was just in. Playing Irondequoit tomorrow. Nice track !

Never played it either.  Backs up to Oak Hill east so I have seen a small part of Irondequoit.  lol  Both Oak Hill and CCR require non-cargo shorts or skorts.  I prefer the latter but I call it a kilt.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I call "shotgun" in Larry's new Subaru wearing a thong after I shed my cargo shorts and put my golf clubs in the hatch.   There I covered the thread in its entirety

I think Larry's daughters were in this thread too, so you also need to get divorced and marry one of them so that Larry becomes your father in-law. You can be the spotter while he water skis in summer '18.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am on my 4th outback, not because I had any problems with them just because I kept trading for newer model, current one is a 2014 and sticking with this one just because I am getting older and not wanting car payments forever. It is my wifes car and she wouldn't have anything but the outback, absolutely loves it and I do too, the resale/tradein is always extremely good, safety as you mention is top rated, you won't be sorry.

Dave