My Dream gun.......

okay ..... pulled the trigger ....so to speak.   Couldnt help it.  This is the gun I have always wanted and i just got it yesterday.  A Browning BLR lever in 30-06.  Put a nikon 2x7 on it.  Now i have my one favorite rifle to use for deer, bear, hogs, moose, elk (never been for moose or elk but trying to draw some tags, going for hogs in SC next year).  But this is the gun i have been eyeing forever.  

Whats the gun youve always wanted that you havent gotten......

Browning BLR 30-06.jpg

• Like 12

Ha! That's freakin cool man I really like it! And it's a beast in 30 06 lol I hunt with 30 06 and while there is a lot of debate on caliber I love knowing I can easily drop a bear or any large game for that matter ethically and quickly.  Having that caliber in a repeater is sweeet enjoy it man and I hope you drop something with it this season! 

• Like 1

How's she shoot? I have had a handful of blr's they are pretty guns! The only one that stayed was the 358win. Had a 270short mag that was the best shooter in the bunch " would hold 1"@100yds" but didn't care for the cartridge. All the other blr's were honest 1.5-2" guns. My dream gun hasn't been built yet. I want a semi or pump with in overall length around 35" a 16" barrel that weighs under 5lbs scoped in 35 rem or 358 Winchester. I'm probably as close as I'll ever be with my current Remington 7615 in 450 bushmaster. Should be around 6.5lbs scoped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My buddy who hunts the ADKs swears by his father's BLR, and hunts with it any chance he gets.  That lever action makes it easier to keep an eye on that target for follow-ups...  Congrats on the acquisition, and hopefully you get a harvest to go with it.

Oh, and to answer your question, Browning BLR in 30-06 is what I've really been eyeing for the past few years.  Color me jealous.  Ha.

Edited by Rebel Darling
Answered Question
  • Like 1

Beautiful rifle!! To get your "dream rifle" is a satisfaction that is really hard to beat! She shoots as well as she looks too! Wishing you many years of hunting success and joy while carrying your dream in the field.

I too will be carrying my "dream rifle" for the first time this year. A Sako 85 Classic in 270 topped with a Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40  I too dreamed of this rifle for a long time. My buddy moog5050 made the purchase possible. Getting a deer with it this season, will only be the icing on the cake!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, grampy said:

Beautiful rifle!! To get your "dream rifle" is a satisfaction that is really hard to beat! She shoots as well as she looks too! Wishing you many years of hunting success and joy while carrying your dream in the field.

I too will be carrying my "dream rifle" for the first time this year. A Sako 85 Classic in 270 topped with a Zeiss Conquest 3x9x40  I too dreamed of this rifle for a long time. My buddy moog5050 made the purchase possible. Getting a deer with it this season, will only be the icing on the cake!

best of luck to us both!  we need to break them in!  I traded in a savage 220 20g to help pay for it.  But glad I did. .270 is def a great round and works for everything too.  

• Like 1

I love my T/C pro hunter.... always wanted to get a 338 win mag barrel for it... wife got it for me for our anniversary in 2013, killed a 40" Newfie Bull with it that October and then killed a 52" kudu, a monster blue wildebeest, a giant Black wildebeest and a ostrich with it in 2014... Love the gun... got 30-06, 25-06, and 50 cal BP barrels for it.. 

Beautiful rifle and great chambering round. Should kill many deer for many many years. Browning fan myself.

My "DREAM" guns.......... I have one, but want it's big sister. Actually I have three I would love to put in the safe.

Smith & Wesson M&P 10 Chambered in .308

Browning X-Bolt Medallion Chambered in .270

Browning BPS Deer Hunter ( wish they made it in 20GA though )

• Like 1

• 1 month later...