Button buck

Swamp_bucks

checked camera today.  I have a loan button buck that has shown up everyday by itself between 11am and noon.  He seems to be decent size most spots are gone.  I thought maybe first couple times doe just never came into view but hes been doing this for 2 weeks. No does or other deer come by for hours later.  Is he alone? Will he survive?  Just wondering.

It all depends on where his travels take him.  If he wanders too far into zone 9f, and there are no larger antlerless deer with him, he might be in some trouble.  The only wild game I have had that is better tasting than whitetail button buck liver and tenderloins is moose tongue.  My chances of getting any of that this fall are mighty slim.    

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

It all depends on where his travels take him.  If he wanders too far into zone 9f, and there are no larger antlerless deer with him, he might be in some trouble.  The only wild game I have had that is better tasting than whitetail button buck liver and tenderloins is moose tongue.  My chances of getting any of that this fall are mighty slim.    

Yea thats how it is by me.  He gets onto the amish next door hes as good as dead.  I plan on passing him for now, but gets towards end of gun season might not keep the shotgun from barking at him.