Knockoff Rage and Swackers

eagle rider

Supposedly the factory in China that makes the Rage heads and the Swacker Heads in China has some kind of licensing dispute with Field Logic. They are now selling the heads as unbranded allover ebay for about $1 / head. People tell me that they are exactly the same quality, toughness, sharpness. Same line and process. Just different packaging. Someone gave me a hypodermic style head. It mics' and flies exactly the same as the branded one. Blades deploys and operate identically. Im gonna order a full 12 for the $12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I compared the real hypos with the chinadermics not much of a difference weights way close enough for me and fly just fine they do rattle a little bit but I use 2lb or so test fishing line with a wrap around blades tied and it solves that issue. Will be in my quiver again this year...killed 4 with them last season

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Belo said:

I shoot maybe a deer if i'm lucky every season. I've never felt that $10 a head was a deal breaker for me. Of all the time, energy and money we put into hunting, $9 for trusted quality and supporting an american business has always been ok with me. 

Rage broadheads are not made in America, of you shoot one deer no big deal, I shoot 5-7 a year mostly with my bow.

1 minute ago, Hock3y24 said:

Rage broadheads are not made in America, of you shoot one deer no big deal, I shoot 5-7 a year mostly with my bow.

but there is an american engineering, sales and marketing staff.

anyhow, i don't know why you're so defensive. buy the Chinese stuff, I was just giving my opinion on why i buy the authentic ones. 

• Like 2

Isn't the hypos made out of steel and the china brand made of aluminum? At least they used to be in certain models rage knock offs. I compared them with a buddy few years ago. Had a knockoff furrel bend in over at almost a 90* angle. Thats why i always spent the extra for the others.. didn't want to risk it on bone

5 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Isn't the hypos made out of steel and the china brand made of aluminum? At least they used to be in certain models rage knock offs. I compared them with a buddy few years ago. Had a knockoff furrel bend in over at almost a 90* angle. Thats why i always spent the extra for the others.. didn't want to risk it on bone

There is probably something to this. I absolutely believe that a high quality broadhead made out of steel could be made at a (small) margin for a couple bucks/head. This is simple manufacturing of a simple product. But, we tend to go through so few of these that spending a few extra bucks to know you're not getting some factory defect crap may be worth it.

• Like 2

I thoroughly inspect my heads before shooting them again or re loading them back into the quiver. i work with all kind sof alloys and steels on a daily basis and cant test for darn near anything. If things ever slowed down i want to get back to my "Rage Hypo Build". But i do know Some china builds are Aluminum made and i will not shoot an Aluminum head into a deer. 

I dont have a good grain scale, I just weighed the whole dozen on my wifes shipping scale and it says 2.5oz which is 1,094 grains. It doesnt even register with one head so these results are suspect at best. I have a friend with a good grain scale ill try that when I get a chance. They do stick to a magnet so they arent aluminum