Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

1 minute ago, StevieSacs said:

I gave him about two hours and just went looking for him. Blood was super spotty so I walked in the general direction and just bumped him. Going to come back around 2 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If there's water around he will head there ...I hate liver hits u got a 50/50 chance but I'd wait a while

• Like 1

I gave him about two hours and just went looking for him. Blood was super spotty so I walked in the general direction and just bumped him. Going to come back around 2 PM

Liver shot. I would start tracking till 12 the earliest if I was you

Blood looks like gut more than liver. It's opening day. Give him till 3 or 4. Still gives you plenty of time to track in daylight. If your lucky you knicked his liver and will be stiff when you find him. If it's fgut, there's enough blood to see that you hit something important. Let him lay. You will find him at water or within 100yrds of where you bumped him.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What a perfect morning. Isn’t there always a small part of you who doesn’t want to tag out early haha?

2 groups so far for a total of 3 shooter doe and 4 bb’s. 4!!!

too early for flatheads but good action and I’m happy no matter what happens in the next hour.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StevieSacs said:

Exact scenario my brother ran into last yr. After bumping we gave him lots of time and brought in deer search eventually found him hrs later still alive and shot him for the final kill. I'd give him longer.

13 minutes ago, StevieSacs said:

Damn. Good luck. You saw him get up?

2 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Saw 3 doe. Unfortunately one of them heard a plastic bottle my dad had in his pocket and snorted like crazy.

Use the sports bottles. No crinkle.

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

3 min till shooting light. Everything soaked from last nights’ rain. 43 degrees barely any wind.

5B453CB2-DBFD-4BAC-820D-5BA251DAB1A5.jpeg

Silly

1 hour ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Everything was perfect on this doe then I see this:

IMG_0515.JPGI guess my P&Y comes after nov 17

IMG_0521.JPG

Good body for a scrapper:

IMG_0525.thumb.PNG.ed9b1a6b637661897baa12e8bec3997c.PNG

Pass through high shoulder out by the heart broadhead and arrow worked as advertised and ready for reuse:IMG_0531.thumb.PNG.5b44d09b708ffac68d6f17b362e15e1c.PNG

Nice shooting, that’s a bummer. Usually in bow they get close enough but that one is tough. You could call the dec snd maybe catch s break? Doubtful but you never know

• Thanks 1

Great morning...saw a beautiful buck 40-50 Yds crossing behind me. Couldn't count points but the rack was very nice.  Then at 8 I catch movement again and see the deer coming back. My heart was racing and I'm thinking wow...this is going to happen this early..then as he gets closer I see it's a little 3 or so I stopped shaking and took some pics/video

20171001_082518.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StevieSacs said:

Just shot a great buck!

He ran 10 yards the. haunched over and walked away. Checked my arrow and then backed out. Thinking liver.

Ive been here before and lost the deer, so i'm buggin out. Any place he stopped has great blood, spotty after that. Its been an hour already. Gonna give it another hour then head in

Wish me luck!

11963033f30cd19a8e7c4058504fe3f5.jpg0df90de663a8a73d0b292badc7f05310.jpg

55cdb7ec0c8a5606c650623f26922ac7.jpg

1846f164c02ddc910f30a6869801f571.jpg

Give him as much time as possible...  5 or 6 this evening.  He can live 8+ hours shot in liver and over 12 in the gut.  Good luck!

• Like 2