Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

10 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Still a bit early. No need to rush. If you do have multiple guys helping, one of them should be dedicated to looking up (for the deer) not down for blood. Everybody should have a bow too,just in case. Go get a coffee and give it another hour or two

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

You're right.  maybe ill just head in at 5.  that gives him about 10 hours.  I'm gonna have to go watch a movie or something cause i cant keep still

Thanks Tree

• Like 3

Good luck this afternoon everyone, I’m zipped back up in my blind till sunset. Ate lunch on some rock cliffs, still haven’t seen a deer yet. Hoping 1 of the 4 shooters shows up before 637pm.

FB85265C-9D63-4606-8FDA-4538B2CAB2C4.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Good luck this afternoon everyone, I’m zipped back up in my blind till sunset. Ate lunch on some rock cliffs, still haven’t seen a deer yet. Hoping 1 of the 4 shooters shows up before 637pm.

FB85265C-9D63-4606-8FDA-4538B2CAB2C4.jpeg

A blind?   That's cheating worse than the automatic Matthews.  Good luck Mr Biz.  

• Like 2

Back out for the evening. I couldn’t take sitting around waiting any longer. Originally I wasn’t going to hunt the evening but there was a fair amount of movement of the property so I figured the chores could wait for another day. Plus I can’t hunt next weekend at all. 

Its pretty warm with very little wind in 8g 

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

A blind?   That's cheating worse than the automatic Matthews.  Good luck Mr Biz.  

P&Y allows lighter nocks, let off, and ground blinds. But treestands have been banned since I became Prez.

• Like 2

Down in my creek bottom ladder stand. A bit warm but it will cool off quick. I checked the camera I have 20 yards from the stand and it's broken! Like something punctured the motion sensor. Weird as hell. It was still on the tree just a little crooked. I checked the card and there was a bear on there like a week ago, but the last few pics it took was of a small buck walking by. I'm not sure what did it. 8a9dcb4a601efc376c55ac75dc7d70b2.jpg

Here's some of my view
07c06c191a6789b9e3c7ff2d4b04b452.jpg
4eff34bc8446622a2035d135438b1266.jpg

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

You never know and you can’t kill them at home but I would surprised if they’re moving in the heat this early in the season, maybe near dusk

Was 43 this morning and 63 is still 30 degrees cooler since earlier this week. No bucks on cam since Tuesday when heat wave came. They gotta move sooner or later. If not tonight, then tomorrow morning 

You're right.  maybe ill just head in at 5.  that gives him about 10 hours.  I'm gonna have to go watch a movie or something cause i cant keep still

Thanks Tree

It's always easier for a bystander to tell you to wait! The only downside is you will have no hair, or fingernails left by the time 5 comes around. But trust me, it's never a regret to wait. The temps are a bit high but at least that keeps the Yotes from cruising. When you do find him ( I think you will ) make sure you hustle to clean him out and get him on ice, quartered or not !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1