Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Haley and I had a fun sit. Had a few does come close but wouldn’t get into a lane. First time she had her bow in her hand and release on the sting waiting to draw. She kept talking about how hard her heart was beating. She really wants a deer this year especially since last year was a waste after I injured my knee. 

• Like 9

Tried posting this earlier, but I had zero service and then my phone died. I shot this fawn around 3:10. She came in behind me and gave me only a few seconds to shoot since the wind was about to switch towards her. It didn't look as small as it is from 25 yards out, but also turns out this doe is a hermaphrodite. Makes sense why it came in alone and was so small. When I skinned her out, she had almost no fat on her. Deer on that property (including the fawns) usually have inches of fat due to all the apple orchards and farms literally right next to the property. Glad I took her out since she wouldn't have made it through the winter. IMG_5915.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Foggy here in 3S. I’m on ground but perched up about 10-12 feet on some rocks. Got a camo piece of wood I found behind me. 3pt came in at 645 from behind to my right at 35yds walking away from me. Then came back at 710 right in front of me under 20yds. He did a big circle around me while I videotaped him. He never spooked.

A5186CC4-9E09-417D-B927-FE2387C132E4.jpeg

4F899995-7F34-46BE-B988-632D5EF2622F.jpeg

CFAD338A-7FA6-42C8-B542-59D4FB51D51B.jpeg