Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Shot this 8 last evening.

Seen 4 basket  bucks coming my way, the one 8 pointer was pretty nice and very tough to pass. But I seen this buck about 300 yards out, and was hoping he joined the group. His body was much bigger then the other 4 and I could see the rack was bigger.

About 10 does followed the 4 bucks , some as close as a couple yards from my stand  They were all crunching acorns, with no suspicions I was there . It was like nothing I have ever experienced, quite amazing. 

I could see this  buck and 1 other buck coming to join the group, they kept stopping and fighting with each other ( I could hear there antlers crashing from 2-300 yards out) . After about an hour he got within range, he stepped out at 30 yards,. The rage did the job , I heard him  crash about 30  yards into the woods.I  waited about 30 minutes after harvesting him for all the deer to finally clear from around my stand.  

This is my first opening day bow harvest and biggest bow harvest yet. Great day !!! 

59d2332809fe7_MT1.thumb.JPG.242b59a746249449f00b2551774764e9.JPG

Edited by 607 HUNTER
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 3

23 minutes ago, 607 HUNTER said:

Shot this 8 last evening.

Seen 4 basket  bucks coming my way, the one 8 pointer was pretty nice and very tough to pass. But I seen this buck about 300 yards out, and was hoping he joined the group. His body was much bigger then the other 4 and I could see the rack was bigger.

About 10 does followed the 4 bucks , some as close as a couple yards from my stand  They were all crunching acorns, with no suspicions I was there . It was like nothing I have ever experienced, quite amazing. 

I could see this  buck and 1 other buck coming to join the group, they kept stopping and fighting with each other ( I could hear there antlers crashing from 2-300 yards out) . After about an hour he got within range, he stepped out at 30 yards,. The rage did the job , I heard him  crash about 30  yards into the woods.I  waited about 30 minutes after harvesting him for all the deer to finally clear from around my stand.  

This is my first opening day bow harvest and biggest bow harvest yet. Great day !!! 

MT 1.JPG

Nice job! Awesome buck! Congratulations!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, greg54 said:

Just got winded by 2 nice doe heard twig snap behind me and watched them go behind brush. Was waiting for them to come out for clear shot but breeze started and that wss the end of that. Heart was starting to pump for sure!

aren't you one of those workboots, no scentlok guys?

12 hours ago, growalot said:

Well everything was perfect....until...a Damon button buck looking his mind...I have to say long story short...some one needs to put an arrow through him!!!!!!

Oh and a Fox running the bright  rd cat past our barn towards me...They hit the hedge row and I heard a blood curdling meow and silence...I'm guessing who won...Lol...2 cats in 2 bow seasons  1 owl,1 Fox. Makes me wonder how many are taken each year.

why does someone need to kill Damon the button buck? 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DanielT said:

Poor Damon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I saw this because Dan quoted you...so I'll answer...Because the Kindle demanded it 3x's actually and refused 2 corrections...:wink:

Though thanks to a damn button I held at full draw until my arm gave...a doe with twins came in fast ,she was pushing the biggest bodied BB I have ever seen and the doe fawn was no slouch either, niether had ANY traces of spotts...This time of year that's unusua.I can normally see some very faint spine spots. Anyways she came in so spooky after him that every time I even shifted she was ears forward rotating and looking my way...I had her broadside 10 yrds for a long  but he was 3 yards off my rt. at another apple tree..by the time she got out of hearing distance and he had moved to the next tree over I could draw..I waited until her head was behind a big red maple  and I couldn't see him and the other fawn was head down feeding I drew and he spotted me and blew...she stood still ...I held for so dang long my arm just gave out...he blew again going up behind me and she trotted past me. When she was behind the apple trees I drew again but she took a hard rt and there was no shot...man Oh man...were the muscles from my shoulder blade all the way down around the rt rib cage on fire last night...no problem with the shoulder joint, but I had certainly locked those back muscles. Good news...non stop deer action all night...But not morning day shots...That stand stays empty until mid Oct...the apples hold well until mid Nov. .

Edited by growalot

1 minute ago, growalot said:

I saw this because Dan quoted you...so I'll answer...Because the Kindle demanded it 3x's actually and refused 2 corrections...:wink:

Though thanks to a damn button I held at full draw until my arm gave...a doe with twins came in fast ,she was pushing the biggest bodied BB I have ever seen and the doe fawn was no slouch either, niether had ANY traces of spotts...This time of year that's unusua.I can normally see some very faint spine spots. Anyways she came in so spooky after him that every time I even shifted she was ears forward rotating and looking my way...I had her broadside 10 yrds for a long  but he was 3 yards off my rt. at another apple tree..by the time she got out of hearing distance and he had moved to the next tree over I could draw..I waited until her head was behind a big red maple  and I couldn't see him and the other fawn was head down feeding I drew and he spotted me and blew...she stood still ...I held for so dang long my arm just gave out...he blew again going up behind me and she trotted past me. When she was behind the apple trees I drew again but she took a hard rt and there was no shot...man Oh man...were the muscles from my shoulder blade all the way down around the rt rib cage on fire last night...no problem with the shoulder joint, but I had certainly locked those back muscles. Good news...none stop deer action all night...But not morning day shots...That stand stays empty until mid Oct...the apples hold well until mid Nov. .

That will get your blood pumping and your heart racing. Hence hunting and not shooting.  Sounds like you had some fun. That's what it's all about.

I did it was a great night really....I do feel bad about the neighbors cat though...you could see the desperation in it's run...and I had just pasted it that morning as it came out of the hedge row to the road with a mouse dangling out of it's mouth...I thought GREAT! one less nest in the small JD engine...not even fabric softeners or moth balls stop them now.

though I have to say no hunting this morning...my lower back/tail bone is wild sore...I have to ease into this sitting for long periods of time motionless.

Edited by growalot

11 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Hell of a rack,but he looked skinny in the pic. Is he old enough to be going the other way?

No, he's 2.5 or 3.5...the pic is from mid August with the winter coat starting to grow in. He's fat and healthy!

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, growalot said:

Though thanks to a damn button I held at full draw until my arm gave...a doe with twins came in fast ,she was pushing the biggest bodied BB I have ever seen and the doe fawn was no slouch either, niether had ANY traces of spotts...This time of year that's unusua.I can normally see some very faint spine spots. Anyways she came in so spooky after him that every time I even shifted she was ears forward rotating and looking my way...I had her broadside 10 yrds for a long  but he was 3 yards off my rt. at another apple tree..by the time she got out of hearing distance and he had moved to the next tree over I could draw..I waited until her head was behind a big red maple  and I couldn't see him and the other fawn was head down feeding I drew and he spotted me and blew...she stood still ...I held for so dang long my arm just gave out...he blew again going up behind me and she trotted past me. When she was behind the apple trees I drew again but she took a hard rt and there was no shot...man Oh man...were the muscles from my shoulder blade all the way down around the rt rib cage on fire last night...no problem with the shoulder joint, but I had certainly locked those back muscles. Good news...non stop deer action all night...But not morning day shots...That stand stays empty until mid Oct...the apples hold well until mid Nov. .

I still don't see why someone would shoot a bb just because he screwed you on 10/1. That's cutting off your nose to spite your face. 3 years from now he could be on your wall.

Let Damon live! Can I get an Amen!?