Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Well hopefully their forecast will be as unreliable as usual. But for those that put stock in that sort of thing, I did hear one meteorologist say that all of October was going to be on the warm side. Might be that we are going to have to tough it out and hope that the deer will get bored and move early even in the heat. One thing that is a bit encouraging is that all summer, deer have been visible standing in the burning sun feeding in the fields. So it's not like they hibernate when the heat's on.

I'm not too concerned about it. Bowhunting this early just doesn't seem natural to me. In fact I really don't get all crazy and turned on until the leaves are down......and we are a long way from that.

Edited by Doc

I'm not concerned about the deer movement in this weather I just don't want to hunt/recover/process in it. 

I love the easy meat and education 10/1-10/15 provide and I'm fine with hunting in low 60's...but high 70's and 80's no thanks.

I was supposed to be out this morning but my wife had an emergency meeting so se la vi.

Edited by OtiscoPaul

13 minutes ago, burmjohn said:

Haven't seen crap yet. It's a nice cool morning

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be looking for "crap" ..... I would be watching for deer ! Happy hunting . Are you hunting up in the Catskills ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wouldn't be looking for "crap" ..... I would be watching for deer ! Happy hunting . Are you hunting up in the Catskills ?

Speaking of crap, just took a huge woods dump. Yup in cochecton.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I see no tapatalk posts made it...I went out this am and got busted buy at least one young snorty deer ..right under the stand...so I backed out as it snorted it's way up the hill...got to a stand 100yrds away and settled in..Wasn't suppose to rain until 9 this morning,right at sun rise it started...light on and off until It started pouring around 9:15....I pulled cards on the way out and then had to fix one of the Chinese chestnuts...They managed to get over the fence and yank the tree , tube and stake off to the side...no damage righted it and got home..to see my tap talk never made it...I'm removing the stupid program...ya ya I know it's probably just me. ..UNLIKE the Kindle:cheese:

Oh and Mr B left me a beautiful anniversary card right next to a full pot of coffee...sweetie..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, growalot said:

I see no tapatalk posts made it...got home..to see my tap talk never made it...I'm removing the stupid program...ya ya I know it's probably just me. ..UNLIKE the Kindle:cheese:

Oh and Mr B left me a beautiful anniversary card right next to a full pot of coffee...sweetie..

I don't think Tapatalk will work on your FLIP Phone . Congrats on your anniversary !  The pot of coffee was a great gift . 

Not that bad Eddie I have a smart phone, thanks, and seeing I had blood work yesterday morning and then hunting this morning ..It sure was! His last big anniversary gift to me was the Gator on our 35..We are going to dinner...not tonight...I'm hunting:wink: I got his card  a couple of lottery tickets and a pocket sized telescoping back scratcher...so he will always know I'm thinking of him...LOL Oh and today I will be baking a whole bunch of cookies...he knows I hate that..true gifts

• Like 1

All, I apologize for the hijack. Just trying to get a post out. As of 2 days ago Tapatalk keeps saying I don’t have permission to post. I am trying to see if posting works using the website on my phone. Not sure what permissions tapatalk is referring to, and not sure if this post will work. If it does I at least someone here will see this and didn’t want to start a new thread for a test post. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, CanastotaCamo said:

All, I apologize for the hijack. Just trying to get a post out. As of 2 days ago Tapatalk keeps saying I don’t have permission to post. I am trying to see if posting works using the website on my phone. Not sure what permissions tapatalk is referring to, and not sure if this post will work. If it does I at least someone here will see this and didn’t want to start a new thread for a test post. 

The site admin is aware...  It appears to be an issue with how the latest iPhone iOS update and the site "talk" through the Tapatalk app.  You can chime in on the convo here:

3 hours ago, growalot said:

I see no tapatalk posts made it...I went out this am and got busted buy at least one young snorty deer ..right under the stand...so I backed out as it snorted it's way up the hill...got to a stand 100yrds away and settled in..Wasn't suppose to rain until 9 this morning,right at sun rise it started...light on and off until It started pouring around 9:15....I pulled cards on the way out and then had to fix one of the Chinese chestnuts...They managed to get over the fence and yank the tree , tube and stake off to the side...no damage righted it and got home..to see my tap talk never made it...I'm removing the stupid program...ya ya I know it's probably just me. ..UNLIKE the Kindle:cheese:

tapatalk is broke on this site. 

was it damion? go damion!

• Like 3