Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Good luck this morning guys and gals!

It's my weekend off and I'm about to get out of work, this weather really stinks. I'll be out this afternoon and tomorrow either way though. Monday looks like it's gonna be a wash out for my area so that will most likely end up being my day to be lazy and watch movies with my kiddos day

• Like 1

Well it just became legal light and it seems just as dark as it did at 6:15 when I got in the tree. Warm and humid about 60 degrees. Don't ever remember listening to tree frogs in the stand before. This weather is crazy. Good luck everyone 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Bowshotmuzzleloader said:

Anybody wish the old October 15th opening day was still around,, this weather  just stinks and to much foliage,,, always nice to get out but I'm going to make some $$$ this weekend and resume next week .... 

Maybe put up a couple of new stands and drink some beer :)

Heck no!!! I wish they would open season earlier in September when the bucks are far more patternable. Like everyone else, my cams have been dead for the past 10 days or so....

• Like 4

Live from the Saunah I just sailed one right over the back of a solid 8. Hot damn I love hunting. P.S. evercalm is the real deal! He just trotted off and hopefully will ve back later

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

So mad set alarm on my phone alarm
Went off but some how I had the ringer on silent and I didn't hear it vibrate... wtf oh well at least it's a crappy day I missed. I'll move a stand mid day and hunt it this evening

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Live from the Saunah I just sailed one right over the back of a solid 8. Hot damn I love hunting. P.S. evercalm is the real deal! He just trotted off and hopefully will ve back later

Been using it for 2 years I don't give in to gimmicks but evercalm is good stuff

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Got up at 4, but not feeling so great and went back to bed. Will give it a try tomorrow morning. Will be meeting up with Rebel Darling after a morning sit. I'll head over to the farm shortly to check cams and shoot some rounds through the Sako.

Best of luck to all out there!  But really pulling for Jay and Sam!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You guys enjoy yourselves.......two more weeks and things will be enjoyable; fall-like and bucks doing the buck thing. :)

I’m going for coffee with the Mrs........

Here's to hoping but I've hunted 65-70* Nov 3rds a few of the past 5 years.

Edited by OtiscoPaul

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Daughter and I suited up. Tim Hortons for the fly. And hopefully I can find Live from the woods thread on Tapatalk later. Using Safari now. Good luck everyone , especially those kids

Crossing my fingers that your daughter scores this weekend! I know she's been putting in a lot of time and effort deer and turkey hunting, but things just haven't come together.... YET! (Wasn't she sick and unable to go out for the first few days of deer or turkey season last year?) It's frustrating on the kids AND Dad's, as we try to scout and prepare to increase their chances. After that, we hope for the best and depend on the deer and turkeys to do their part and just show up (during shooting hours)! My daughter is too old to hunt the youth season anymore, but still goes out with me during the regular season. Enjoy the time together in the blind... "She thinks we're just hunting". (Sorry, no strikeout option, so I couldn't say "fishing".) B)

Everyone needs to send some "Good Luck Mojo" to turkeyfeather's princess/huntress!! 

I'll be checking in frequently for updates!

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Damn. Westchester?

• Like 1