Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I walked the perimeter of the woods to see if I could kick something to my son. Nuttin. 6 posted signs are gone. All in a row . Beyond the 6 the rest were fine. Staples are intact and the signs are completely gone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I walked the perimeter of the woods to see if I could kick something to my son. Nuttin. 6 posted signs are gone. All in a row . Beyond the 6 the rest were fine. Staples are intact and the signs are completely gone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Wierd a squirrel must of took them to post his den!÷

After today and having that buck at 5 yards where I SHOULD have gone with the shot and given it at least a draw then, I am a firm believer. If the Rut stuff they have is as good as the calming one this should be an awesome rut for me assuming I don't shoot my buck prior to then

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Their whole line of products are 100%. Dougs farm is in Michigan and is huge in size and numbers. If more guys would use real Deer scents from real Deer from right here in their own state they would be shocked how well it can work. You buy the stuff off the shelves and you have no clue. You go to your local deer farm and you can look at the Deer that pizzed in your bottle. Lol. 100.% Real!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fletch said:

We saw 19 this morning. They were still moving at 9 when we got down but wanted to get the buck cooled off.

NOW we know who's hogging all the deer! That's why no one else is seeing any! ;)

Nice buck Fletch Jr! 

• Like 1

Just for full disclosure we are on a trip and hunting in North Carolina muzzleloader season not up home. And the temps have been about the same as home. I do realize hunting farms with corn, peanuts, sweat potatoes, soybeans is pretty cool!!

Well going to try to see how hunting in a tshirt goes.  Im hoping corn is cut at my lease. Winds right so hopefully between the food plot ,corn field, apple orchard and water i can atleast see one. Starting to give up hope on my lease. Been a long 4 years with only 2 kills.

20 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Suiting up in turkey gear for an afternoon sit. These temps are no fun ! Got a feeling they will move tonight though...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I was kinda thinking the same thing, they laid low all day so far. 

This mornings at 5am on my way hunting a buck went across the road in front of me that was a dandy! He was heading into a grown up goldenrod field that I do not have permission to hunt but I do have permission to hunt the property that backs up to it. Problem is its over a mile walk and it's 80 degrees but here I am. Long walk with a stand on my back. I found this spot turkey hunting this spring and thought it was a slam dunk spot. Apparently my excitement covered reality I had to do a bunch of trimming to even get the stand in and a bunch to have something that resembles a shooting lane. But here I am in the corner of a corner of a corn field in an island of hickory trees and brush that's 30yds from an oak hedge row 40yds from the corner of the field I saw the buck go into this morning. I'm hoping he is in the swamp I front of me and is going to cut this corner to the oaks on his way out. Or step into the goldenrod before going into the standing corn. Most likely I will see nothing because of the noise I made and the fragrance I have acquired but I'm here. f46d3bb51f4b24665a229789248c1666.jpg3cf7fa49a842509794a8581049149a6e.jpg

• Like 7

I rather like this. Good friend who kills lots of great deer offered up a slam dunk on 2 places holding 8-10 pretty darn nice bucks. Would be borrowing his rifle too. He'd film it too Daughter was honest with me that she really wants her first deer to be more special than that. To use her own shotgun , to get one at my brothers where we've spent so many hours hunting deer and turkey in the past. Where she helped with food plot and checking cams. Thumbs up little one as I have a big smile It's not just about getting my first deer it's where and how she said.
And thank you all so much for all your kind words and cheering us on this morning. I let her read "live from the woods ". She let out an awwww and a thumbs up while were out there. Tomorrow's another day. Windy sounding but another day.

• Like 23