Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I rather like this. Good friend who kills lots of great deer offered up a slam dunk on 2 places holding 8-10 pretty darn nice bucks. Would be borrowing his rifle too. He'd film it too Daughter was honest with me that she really wants her first deer to be more special than that. To use her own shotgun , to get one at my brothers where we've spent so many hours hunting deer and turkey in the past. Where she helped with food plot and checking cams. Thumbs up little one as I have a big smile It's not just about getting my first deer it's where and how she said.
And thank you all so much for all your kind words and cheering us on this morning. I let her read "live from the woods ". She let out an awwww and a thumbs up while were out there. Tomorrow's another day. Windy sounding but another day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really awesome! Makes me look forward to the day I can get my son in the woods. Planted a mini orchard this year should be ready when he's old enough lol... good luck tomorrow

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I rather like this. Good friend who kills lots of great deer offered up a slam dunk on 2 places holding 8-10 pretty darn nice bucks. Would be borrowing his rifle too. He'd film it too Daughter was honest with me that she really wants her first deer to be more special than that. To use her own shotgun , to get one at my brothers where we've spent so many hours hunting deer and turkey in the past. Where she helped with food plot and checking cams. Thumbs up little one as I have a big smile It's not just about getting my first deer it's where and how she said.
And thank you all so much for all your kind words and cheering us on this morning. I let her read "live from the woods ". She let out an awwww and a thumbs up while were out there. Tomorrow's another day. Windy sounding but another day.

Sounds like you raised a great kid. 

It is crazy to just have read that. I'm sitting in this stand soaked with sweat after busting my butt for an hr and a half getting set up tonight. I have 2 bucks on cam on my property that anyone in this area would be damn proud of to kill and I'm 2 miles from there set up in hopes of seeing a buck I saw this morning. Just before pulling out my phone and checking this thread I was thinking to myself that I'm at a point in my life where I don't care if I ever kill another deer. I have a wall full of nice racks. To me the how is more important the kill. Shooting a buck in my food plots means nothing to me because I don't have to hunt them I can just kill them. Killing this buck that is smaller than the bucks I have on cam at home would mean the world to me because I hunted him.

Reading her response brought a tear to my eye. I wish I had her mentality and maturity at her age. I went through too many years of having to kill deer and I am glad I have reached this stage in life. I wish her the absolute best and I can honesty say I will have to wipe tears off my phone screen when I see the pictures that I know I will be seeing of her with a deer.

You have a hell of a kid and you should be proud of her because she is lucky to have you as a father!

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

The spirit of hunting doesn't get any better then this Jay! She wants to earn her first, doesn't get any better then that! Good look to her tomorrow, and to you as the proud father who will be smiling when she fills a tag!

• Like 2

That really is awesome. The how is more important than what you actually get. Mature girl you have there fletch. Took me several years to get to that point myself. I started hunting in my late thirties and have been at it for five or six years. The buck I spotted and stalked the other day would have been my favorite if I had gotten him,but he walked away a few minutes to early. He was only a decent six or maybe an eight,but it feels more like one earned it when you use still hunting/stalking skills,or in your case put in food plots and scouted during the summer.

Enjoy

• Like 1

Thoroughly special sentiments. Thank you for sharing... Hope she gets a shot at one at your brother's!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Awesome stuff TF 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

My friends, this could be the best post all year!

Jay, huntings future, is in wonderful hands, with young hunters like your daughter. I think many among us have learned from her! The apple didn't fall far from the tree here. And she is so lucky to have a mentor and dad, like you my friend.  She is wise beyond her years! When she walks up to that first deer, all will be 'right' in the woods, and in your hearts. That, more than anything, is what hunting is all about. My hat is off to both of you. Wishing her the very best of luck next time out. 

• Like 9

Hey TF, i think if your girl doesnt get one she will be totally fine with that. The quality time she spends with you seems to give her more staisfaction, that right there is what its all about.  To think hunters on this forum bicker about what implements we should allow in bow season, we can all stand to learn a thing or two from this young lady. Good luck young lady and may you whack a big buck. 

• Like 1

TF that is a Hall of Fame Post! Even at her young age she truly gets it. Congratulations on raising a wonderful daughter.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

My daughter got her first deer today. She did a great job tracking it. The shot was a little back, but he (button buck) must have turned and it went right through the heart. It went about 60 yards and collapsed.20FE9196-5BF3-42C1-B5C8-F5EF4FED2254.thumb.jpeg.8e207a6e52d39c66fb9dddba81fef70b.jpeg

Congrats!! Way to go!

• Like 2