Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

20+ mph winds and rain. Going to let her sleep in. Will try for an afternoon hunt. Tomorrow looks like a complete wash with an 1.5" of rain. That's a kick in the crotch Good luck to all you tree surfers. Take your Dramamine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be prepared to head in as soon as the rain stops, or just before. Good luck!

I'm up in a tree. Wasn't sure if I was gonna bother coming out but figured what the hell. A few sprinkles but no downpours yet here. Decent amount of wind that keeps changing directions. I walked further back into the property to a stand we call the Bear stand. Haven't hunted this spot yet but it's in a big sturdy oak that won't sway too much in the wind. And it's pretty dang high up on the edge of a swampy area filled with oaks.

ecdcadb413b18a38cb551769f2643fd1.jpg
d702c69713eebcf4c7eea277c2414be5.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stoneam2006 said:

Well at least the youths we have out today are learning the can't kill them from the couch lesson. What crappy October weather

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

You're a good dad stony...........I've been there/done that too in some horrible conditions with my son.  Needless to say he doesn't hunt anymore. :)

• Like 2

You're a good dad stony...........I've been there/done that too in some horrible conditions with my son.  Needless to say he doesn't hunt anymore.
Lol my kids are way to young to go out yet. I'm a mentor for my uncle's girlfriends kid who's dad we will stop there.........

So me and Zach are sitting one one side of hill
And uncle and cousin are on other. ....and now it's raining lol

• Like 1

74 and humid and the mosquitoes are in force here in NC. Our last day here. Hunting a management farm this morning. First morning my son has sat alone. He wanted to give it a try and he's ready if I'm not lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stoneam2006 said:

Lol my kids are way to young to go out yet. I'm a mentor for my uncle's girlfriends kid who's dad we will stop there.........

So me and Zach are sitting one one side of hill
And uncle and cousin are on other. ....and now it's raining lol

Hats off to you for havin the young guy tag along ur side.best of luck!

• Like 3

In the new tower popup...all I've  seen  was a flash light at 6:30..I showed mine and it went out. Darker now than at 7am. rains started again.dang wore no coat just rain pants and took those and boots off. I have on a very light turtle  neck. Storm just hit and Temps dropped, I'm  a tad chilly, closing blind up ...a lot

1507464434035.jpg

1507464479212.jpg

1507464529983.jpg

This could be a fun game....i don't know the guy just the stories lol

You know its slow when you start playing the one sentence at a time story game thing and here is the rain. Seems doubtful I'll see much action. Gonna give it 1 more hour then I'm going back to bed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You know its slow when you start playing the one sentence at a time story game thing and here is the rain. Seems doubtful I'll see much action. Gonna give it 1 more hour then I'm going back to bed

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We have had a much more exciting morning so far....coyote at less than 10 yards gray squirrel sitting on same log we are and yotes howling all am...been fun so far now just need some brown