Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

29 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Is currently locked up in jail for......... (someone needs to go next)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Taking cell phone pic's up the skirts of residents at a local nursing home.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Stayed in with the winds...not concerned about the rains but winds keep em in the thick stuff. Gonna have to check the blind and see if it's still there ! Gonna take my son and check cam's too. Maybe head to southern tier for the evening sit.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3N/3S — 75 degrees but rain will stop very soon. I think I’ll head out to ground in 3N this afternoon for 3pm-dark. Tomorrow supposed to be really heavy rain.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

11 minutes ago, growalot said:

One more hour then I give up....squirrels are coming out  and I have a crow that sounds just like buck grunt flying around the woods:rolleyes:..  still chilly here but sunny.

A crow that sounds like a buck grunt  ?   Probably a raven, Growie...Those things are capable of making all kinds of weird sounds..

2 hours ago, stoneam2006 said:

We have had a much more exciting morning so far....coyote at less than 10 yards gray squirrel sitting on same log we are and yotes howling all am...been fun so far now just need some brown

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Sounds like a recipe for deer hunting disaster. If not this year it wont be long.  Hope i'm Wrong!

That's what I thought too but there were a lot of crow around also...he really stood out and the calls were a group of three, a pause and so on.  He was on the thermals above the woods...driving me crazy. It was a girguly. Grrrruuunt sound. I took me a minute  or two to figure it out...lol

Edited by growalot

I'm home...pulled cards on way in not as big a party at the apple tree but I know I could get a deer there tonight if the winds were right it's like they are moving on a timer. Of course the night I sat in the blind they weren't, which has me thinking they are bedding within eye sight,or moving in early and hanging within eye sight. so 3pm not 4 might be a better time to slip in... Then I get.....but it's SUNDAY  ya so??? You'll be watching TV...but dinner...:rolleyes:

The flashlight I saw this morning was coming in from the farm field above me ...so that may have doomed the hunt this morning..if he scared them up into the corn and not down to the woods..South winds have limited me to across the street but that will change and I'll be hitting up the N/E side of land

1 hour ago, growalot said:

That's what I thought too but there were a lot of crow around also...he really stood out and the calls were a group of three, a pause and so on.  He was on the thermals above the woods...driving me crazy. It was a girguly. Grrrruuunt sound. I took me a minute  or two to figure it out...lol

Definitely a crow(s)? And not raven ? Sporadic ravens where we hunt and they make some wth was that sounds at times flying overhead. 

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

Thinking as slow as things have. been and with the rain storm coming tonight, they may be moving to fill up later this afternoon/evening.  Might try to get out for a PM sit. 

I am thinking the same thing.  Going to go for the long hot walk!!  Maybe shorts

In the new tower popup...all I've  seen  was a flash light at 6:30..I showed mine and it went out. Darker now than at 7am. rains started again.dang wore no coat just rain pants and took those and boots off. I have on a very light turtle  neck. Storm just hit and Temps dropped, I'm  a tad chilly, closing blind up ...a lot
1507464434035.thumb.jpg.d9e767ee00672e469868e9e8c1ad664b.jpg
1507464479212.thumb.jpg.ed82c446d2ea1f8b585e2180d05c3727.jpg
1507464529983.thumb.jpg.018b106133c2712973b9fca05ffa696a.jpg
Light wool! Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, biggamefish said:

I am thinking the same thing.  Going to go for the long hot walk!!  Maybe shorts

17 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Thinking as slow as things have. been and with the rain storm coming tonight, they may be moving to fill up later this afternoon/evening.  Might try to get out for a PM sit. 

Same here. Should be a super quiet walk in between the morning storm and evening storm.